Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Car Electronics

Old September 15th, 2009, 03:03 PM

Default Dvd players in the car

my sister and my brother in law is expecting their third child. they are planning to put a dvd screen and player in their car so it can keep the kids busy when their in the car. what do you think is better.. dvd screen installed on the back of the head rest or a dvd player on the ceiling of the car? what is better fior the kids?
Old September 16th, 2009, 03:23 PM

well my parents have two cars with dvd players in them because we do travel alot in the car and sometimes we drive to texas so we need entertainment haha.. im going to have to say.. i recommend them in the head of the seats.. but the only thing about that is the ppl in the middle kinda get the bad part od the deal.. but if its just one screen its harder for everyone to watch one screen
Old September 26th, 2009, 03:48 PM

I think dvd in head rest is better because it's less out of the way, and in case (God forbid) if there's an accident, if it's hanging from the ceiling that might pose more of a hazard than being installed in the head rest.
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:00 PM

Default back of the seat

I would say that the back of the headrest is better because then the kids can't whine that they can't see it because so and so is in the way. This way they all have great views to the screen. However, what ever happened to letting kids play 'car games'. When we go on roadtrips we play car games like, 'out of state' and 'i spy', and 'slug bug'. It seems that we have moved away from being interactive with our kids.
Old October 19th, 2009, 10:25 AM

I would say the back of the seat mostly because its probably better if its right infront of the kid instead of him/her having to turn his/her head to see the screen. Its more of a personal comfort thing especially if the parents are planing to travel a long way. Plus I agree with one of the previous posts that it seems like its less of a hazard in case of an accident...that completely makes sense as well.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 06:00 PM

i love whoever use thought of this idea.. becaseu my famioy and i alwasy take long trips.. in imt alking about 12 hr trips and sometimes my ipod dies.. and movies keep us entertained. soo yeah i think its best to put some on the seats behind.. unless.. theres a back seaty then but one down the middle.. and then one on the passenger side.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 06:25 PM

i tink my anunt and uncle would die if they didnt have a dvd player in the car for there two little kids.. becasue let me tell you.. they are 4 and 5 now and they scream and yell and fight.. and a drive with them from texas to california is not easy, espeically with my cousins.. dvds are life savers sometimes
Old December 21st, 2009, 06:09 PM

I personally like the ones that are on the backs of the seats...so I wont have to turn ma head to focus on the middle screen...for experience its gets on your nerves on long trips...its easier to look straight forward. My gran's SUV has them on the back of the seats and my little cousins love it. You just put on a DVD and they all get quiet and its silent...which is beautiful because long trips would be filled with "are we there yet?" "I spy...." and the classic "(smack) Slug bug..." not so fun when you're trying to sleep.

SO the DVD thing in the car is the best thing ever!!!
Old January 4th, 2010, 06:17 PM

I thought this was just meant to be when it first came out. The Idea is genius. It just shuts everybody up in the car...so you have a quite trip with just the movie going...and it makes time past faster. I was happy when my dad decided to buy a car with it already installed. The best thing ever. I was in high school but I wasn't ashamed of tellin people he got it for me lol...in college I'm still a child at heart.
Old January 13th, 2010, 05:55 PM

i love the fact that we have a dvd player in the car becasue.. man o man it s a life saver on those long trips.. we all fight and are cranky and then once the movie goes on silence! it really is golden! and i love it