Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Women's Health

Old September 15th, 2009, 03:57 PM

Default How long can you leave a tampon inside?

i'm not going to lie.. this happen to me before. when i fell asleep with a overdue tampon insideo f it. when i say overdue.. i don't mean for a like a couple of days but like a 2-3 hours more than what the instructions tell us to leave it. how bad is it for my body other than putting me in shock? what kind of infections can i get?
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:02 PM

well just because you leave a tampon in over 8 hours dosent mean your going to get tss. but you should pay attention to it..if you are a heavy bleeder i would make sure to change it often, if its light i think its ok to leave it in a little longer just makesure not too long. i once forgot when i was younger and left it in for like 12-14 hours.. as soon as i remembered i changed it but just be careful!
Old November 11th, 2009, 05:56 PM

hmm well.. i think it says like 4 hrs on the box it might be 6 one of those.. but ive never heard of anyone getting the shock syndrome.. but hey theres a frist for everything.. anyways i would just takr it out and replace it when its needed some time ppl need more hrs then others.
Old November 12th, 2009, 06:57 PM

i remember when i was reading an article online and some girl left her tampon in there for about 6 weeks.. GEEES... 6 weeks.. and they way she found it was when her boyfriend was giving her pleasure and he found it inself. WOW. she didn't have any shock syndrome but i still can't believe how longi t was in there for!!!!
Old January 13th, 2010, 03:45 PM

That most me some tampon if she really could feel it after awhile...I wonder what brand she was using?

But I would say its not that big of a deal if your a couple hours over due...but just be sure u change it when you get a chance as soon as you find time to. Alot of people leave them in for longer than its said...it really isn't that big of a deal if you dont have a heavy flow.
Old January 19th, 2010, 05:15 PM

wow 6 weeks thats gross. i dont think anything else will happen if you only leave it in a few hours diffrence. but if you were to leave it like 6 weeks like that girl did then i would say your and idiot.. lol i would imagine that it would start to smell, how did she not smell it rotting inside.. eww. anyways. you can get uti's, fungus growth, and really smell vagina.. just change it every time u use the bathroom and you will be fine.
Old January 19th, 2010, 06:27 PM

the box says to change your tampon every 4-5 hours depending on how heavy your flow is. i hate using pads so i usually use my tampons overnight and they really seem to be fine. i have never had any problems from wearing them and i only wear tampons. just keep clean and change them every once and a whilke and you should be fine.
Old January 19th, 2010, 06:45 PM

tampons can be a very dangrous item.. many people on here are saying TSS rarly hapends but i have bad news my sister got it but luckly she payed attention to the signs and the doctors were able to treat her and she is fine now. but she had it in 6 hours and then started getting really sick, there not sure how she got it so quick but they told her to take huge caution when using them in the future.
Old January 20th, 2010, 01:20 PM

I would follow the directions on the box to make sure. If you have enough time to go to the bathroom to pee...u have enough time to change your tampon so thats not an excuse. I use tampons but not very frequently as some people are saying that they are on here. I'm shocked at the 6 weeks thing thats really nasty.
Old January 20th, 2010, 02:16 PM

I agree with the previous poster. You should always follow the directions on the box. Going into shock isn't fun especially if you end up gettin an infection or itch. So to prevent all that you have to take care of business. Dont be lazy and If you don't think you'll have 5 minutes to spare to go to the bathroom then wear a pad...its not that complicated!!!!