Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Sexual Health

Old September 15th, 2009, 03:28 PM

Default Besides birth control pills

have anyone ever tried anything else besides birth control pills? i'm not a big fan of taking things orally.. and i might forget it.. so have anyone ever tried the patch or the nuva ring? i'm wondering how the patch work? do you just place it on yourself every day? how bout the nuva ring? have nayone ever tried that before? is it uncomfortable?
Old September 15th, 2009, 03:55 PM

my mom is on the patches and she likes it better than the pills because she doesn't forget it. you know, when you're on the pill you sometimes forget. as for the nuva ring, i did have a friend who used it before. she said it doesn't feel like anything. for me, i wouldn't feel comfortable having any foreign object in me for a long time. so i'll just stick with the pills.
Old September 16th, 2009, 04:04 PM

you can also get it injected and you come back like every 3 months or so.. depending on the type that you get.. soo i mean if your worried about forgetting it.. then i think the shot is best for you. its a one time thing and you go back after a few months.. like a doctors visit.
Old September 18th, 2009, 12:04 PM

well i took a human sexuality course in college and one of the topics was birth control. we looked at the best methods of birth control and some ppl even shared their stories.. one girl said she totally didnt reccoment the nuva ring because she was having sex w/her husband and the ring poped out.. and she said it was very akwark feeling while it was shoved up there. just stick to the pill or the shot.
Old September 19th, 2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deirdre Sumpter View Post
well i took a human sexuality course in college and one of the topics was birth control. we looked at the best methods of birth control and some ppl even shared their stories.. one girl said she totally didnt reccoment the nuva ring because she was having sex w/her husband and the ring poped out.. and she said it was very akwark feeling while it was shoved up there. just stick to the pill or the shot.
The pill or the shot is defiantely what I'd recommend. And if one doesn't work, particularly the pill, there are other pills that work that cater to different women (Like if one person has allergies with one pill, they can try another.)
Old September 23rd, 2009, 12:11 PM

I think that the pill is safe, but the god almighty condom is good too! I recently just got off the birth control pills, because it's expensive just to keep my periods regular. And after awhile it's a nuissance if you forget.
Old September 26th, 2009, 02:03 PM

Yeah, I like what everyone has said. Either the pill or the shot works, and the "almighty condom", haha. :P

I do agree a bit with the almighty condom remark though, just as long as you're being responsible with your partner and yourself, you'll be fine