Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old September 15th, 2009, 12:59 PM

Default Smoking ciggarettes

i don't smoke ciggarettes. think they are disgusting.. and they make your hair smell. blah! but my best friend.. she smokes. and shes been smoking since she wsa in her teenage prime years. so i was wondering, is there anything i can tell her to make her stop. i'm just worried for her health.. or should i just leave it as it is...
Old September 15th, 2009, 02:50 PM

i don't know why kids are starting to smoke to young in the first place. breaks my heart because the addition is a CHOICE. because they want a group of society to accept them by smoking. anyways, tell your best friend how you feel.. and if that doesn't help and she doesn't want to change.. you can't do much about it because in the end, it's up to her.
Old September 16th, 2009, 12:01 PM

you could always try to ask her to stop smoking. I think I heard somewhere, for every 1 cigarette you lose 11 minutes of your life or something like that. Trippy right? or tell her to at least not smoke when she's with you 2nd hand smoke is more deadly!
Old September 26th, 2009, 04:19 PM

It's nice that you care so much. Maybe you can show her some pictures of lungs of smokers (which you can probably find on the internet). You should also show pictures of lungs with cancer (which is caused by smoking). Those pictures are NASTY. Maybe you can tell her some of the statistics also, such as people who smoke increase their chances of heart disease and other disease by a SIGNIFICANT amount compared to other non-smokers.
Old October 7th, 2009, 12:19 PM

Many people who smoke already know the risks they are taking by smoking. they are probably told this everyday. They have to want to quit themselves willfully for it to actually make a permenant difference. Its great that you care so much about your friend to want her to quit, but she has to want to quit for herself.
Old October 8th, 2009, 03:49 PM

theres really nothing you can to to be honest.. i mean shes going to smoke if she wants to smoke espeically if shes been doing it for awhile now.. shes already addicted to it.. so all you can do is maybe encourage her to stop.. or figure out a way to make herself want to stop smoking.. the main point tho is that SHE wants to have to quit smoking
Old October 30th, 2009, 03:40 PM

Yeah I think you should definitely tell her how you feel about because it really is a disgusting habit. I know plenty of people that have quite but she really has to want to for that to happen. because if she doesnt want to then it will just never happen. but yeah definitely tell her at least not to smoke around you because it is also bad for you health to be breathing in all that smoke.
Old October 31st, 2009, 06:00 PM

I would imaginethat even though she's been smoking, I wouldn't worry about it. She probably knows how bad smoking can be, as it is on the warning on the pack of cigarettes, so she knows. I would just ask her not to smoke around you, so otherwise, I would just let her smoke.
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:15 AM

She herself probably know that she needs to quit and have mostlikely been told so by alot of people around her. Maybe its not so much that she doesn't want to quit but moreso she doesn't know how.
I know this is kindof random, but I heard on the radio when I was driving that they came up with this new kind of Ciggie thats supposed to help you quit smoking because it doesn't have any nicotine or the bad stuff that actually ciggies do. Maybe you should check up on that and suggest it to her.
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:35 PM

i think a smoker must want to quit before you can convince her to quit.. she will need to quit for herself to make it work.ive dated people who say they will quit smoking because they know i wont like it, but in the end they start smoking again because they dont actually wanna quit. i think you should let her make up her own mind and let her do her own thing. if smoking bothers you that much you can ask her to please not smoke around you.