Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > DVD Blue Ray Exchange

Old January 4th, 2010, 04:07 PM

Its crazy I know. Hopefully they don't start tryin to boot dvds out of the picture because I can't afford to get a blu ray player at the price its at right now...and talk about buyin the movies...thats just crazy compared to what you can buy the dvd for. The exact same thing but the difference in price is ridculous.
Old January 16th, 2010, 06:18 PM

Blu-Rays are expensive because they're n......yep, Carol, you got my point entirely. XD I will say that DVDs used to be expensive back in the day and not many people had them at the time.

However, now, DVDs are everywhere. So I expect Blu-Rays will be around for sure.
Old January 25th, 2010, 04:08 PM

Tell me about it. I was fortunate enough to have my dad buy me a Blu-Ray player so I didn't have to. It wasn't something I would've bought for myself but since it was a gift...I was the best one ever...I still have my dvd player and VHS even. But I use my blueray....I'm so thankful now because sometimes I'll go to Blockbusters and they'll only have the movie that I want to watch in Blu-Ray because all of the DVDs are gone. Alot of people haven't made the switch yet I guess...and I don't blame them.
Old January 27th, 2010, 12:30 PM

AWWW MAN!!!...I don't think the prices are going down anytime soon. Like I was looking at them when I was at Cosco...and Its not that much different its all about the same. I mean you would think for how much you're paying for the thing it would be AMAZING!!! its only a couple steps up from a regular DVD player not 6 giant leaps...and I feel thats what I should be getting for what that thing costs.
Old February 1st, 2010, 04:56 PM

I personally don't see the prices going down anytime soon. When DVD Players first came out it too awhile for the price to go down. A couple of years minimum. So BluRay Players are not decreasing in price anytime soon thats for sure. I'm not rushing to buy one anyway because they still make dvds and my dvd player still works. Its not like how video players became obsolete when the dvd players came out. So we have time!!! lots and lots of time before prices change.
Old February 5th, 2010, 03:37 PM

I dont really get the big hype about blu-rays. It just doesn't really make sense to me but I understand it is better quality and new technology and everyone always wants the newest stuff. I actually don't even think I have seen a movie in blu-ray before or if I had I didn't really notice. I think the prices will go down soon because I dont know but the prices of blu-ray players are going down or I think so I know at costco they are but I dont really know about other places.
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:30 PM

I think its all set up to boost sales and stuff like that. I mean they keep bringing out new stuff to get us to spend money on it. Claiming that its new technology and all that stuff. I'm into the whole technology thing but not when there's a substitute for that exact same product available. I mean thats just rediculous. Its really expensive and I don't think they're going to be cutting prices anytime soon.
Old February 19th, 2010, 03:13 PM

Yeah I don't understand why blu-rays are so expensive. I get that its like good quality and everything but I seriously think that the price should be much lower. The technology has been out for a while now and I know some blu-rays prices are going down but there are still expensive ones out there.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 06:41 PM

Are you serious?! 30 bucks for a disc?! thats just plain straight up craziness. Who in their right mind would pay that much for a movie. I sure would never in my life do that. Dvds are just fine thank you very much! I have on problems with the quality of viewing that I get from a DVD and the DVD player is a lot cheaper than a blu ray player...it costs a fortune...I am a college student after all!!!
Old June 12th, 2010, 01:27 PM

as long as the blu-ray discs are not around 30-40 bucks for just a single movie, then i think i'll be fine. i think because blu-rays have a lot more space, which means a higher definition movie and more extra features, they cost a lot more.

dvds usually only have room for the movie and maybe a few special features unless there is a 2nd disc of features.