Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > DVD Blue Ray Exchange

Old September 10th, 2009, 02:10 PM

Default Why are blu-rays so expensive?

i know i know, if we can afford a blu-ray than we should be able to have the money to watch it.. but damn sometimes it just gets real expensive you know? i like the high quality that the blu-ray provides but still.. a blu-ray dvd is like 30 bucks!! when will the pricing for it go down?
Old September 14th, 2009, 10:56 AM

yeha i alwasy wondered why they were too.. its seriously like 10 more dollars more for the same dvd.. but everyone says it look better and the viewing is way nicer.. haha to be honest.. i mean its nice ot have a clear view of the film but regular dvds are fine by me,
Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:47 PM

yeah ive alwasy wondered as well.. but then someone explained it to me.. and i guess its like hd and a bette clear view or something like that idunno i wasnt really paying too much attention because he can go on forever and ever once yo get him started lol
Old September 28th, 2009, 05:48 PM

i have no idea.. but everyone seems to want them haha.. i dont think i even own a blue ry disc. dont they play on like a play station or somoething like that haha idunno. but to me.. movies are movies..
Old September 30th, 2009, 05:40 PM

i think its more of a guy thinkg because most guys like to buy it.. there alwasy like " i have it on blu ray" its like mmm cool! haha so yeah im sure certain girls care about it but to me a dvd is a dvd nothing
Old October 1st, 2009, 11:34 AM

i mean if i had money i wouldn't mind getting a blu-ray player. but like you guys are saying.. the blu-ray dvds are extremely expensive. the quality is different.. no doubt but still. i heard that now when you buy a flat screen it comes with a blu-ray player. don't know which store specifically but that's pretty cool!
Old October 12th, 2009, 01:33 PM

I'm still confused as to why they're sooo expensive, both the dvds and the player. Its crazy because I wonder what they would invent next to make and how much that would cost. Its so annoying how they do that. Im perfectly fine with my dvd but hopefully they dont make it obsolute like how they did vhs when dvds came out.
Old October 31st, 2009, 05:18 PM

It's brand new technology, so of course it's going to be expensive. The DVD players back in the day were really expensive, and now the cheapest one is probably around 20-30 bucks. same thing happened with VCRs.

But yeah, it's gonna go down eventually, and that'll be when something is better. D:
Old November 14th, 2009, 04:46 PM

Blu-Rays are simply brand new technology, so that is why it's so expensive. DVDs were roughly around the same price back in the day, and it was brand new revolutionary technology. Blu-Rays, while not revolutionary, are definately much more sophisticated than DVDs, and can store a lot of space, so right now, it's the next hot thing.
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:33 PM

Blu-Rays are expensive because they're brand new. I agree with Claire pretty much on every single point that has been made. It's brand new technology, and it's something that people are going to be using for quite sime time. Until more are made and until more are readily available, it's awlays going to be expensive. However, the playstation 3 just recently lowered it's price, so Blu Rays are expected to go down in price as well.