Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old September 10th, 2009, 02:08 PM

Default Eating Greens!

how do i get myself into eating greens. i never liked vegatables .. ever.. i can't stand them. and i know i need to eat them so i can have specific vitamins in my body. is there any other options or should i just suck it up and eat it without breathing??
Old September 12th, 2009, 05:17 PM

Try incorporating them into meals that you make. Like try putting it in soup or something. Usually that makes them taste a lot better or sometimes you don't even notice that you're eating them if they are flavored well. If that still doesn't work then I guess you can just plug your nose and chew fast haha !
Old September 14th, 2009, 11:07 AM

haha frida's right.. if worst comes to worst just hold your nose.. but yeah see ive never had that problem.. like ive alwasy loved veggies i even remember saying to myself one time that i wanted to be a vegaterian.
well good luck.. and try to eat as mucha s you can
Old September 19th, 2009, 01:04 PM

Sometimes, you simply just have to suck it up and just eat the veggies, or else you won't get anywhere. However, you can also use them in a variety of ways when you're cooking to either enhance the main meal's flavor, or you can even try to add flavor. What I like is sauteed mushrooms....not a good vegetable, but it's still a veggie. :P
Old October 10th, 2009, 01:40 PM

There are multivitamins out there in which you can take, although I'm not sure if Fiber is included in those vitamins, so I would just try to eat the vegetables and try to enjoy them.

However, like Elga said, you can spice up the veggies with spices or place them in recipes, see whatever works out for you.
Old October 12th, 2009, 10:18 AM

Usually what you can do is mix the vegetables with something that you like personally. It can be sugar or other vegetables that aren't so horrible to you. You can also mix it with rice or whatever else you are cooking it doesn't really have to be plain vegetables by itself. And usually when I do this especially with beans they taste alot better.
Old October 12th, 2009, 05:08 PM

i love greens! yuumm i love veggies.. but i think i make them unhealthy.. i would haha.. i always add something to it.. like lemon.. or salt.. lemonpepper haha something.. but they sure do tast good!
Old October 13th, 2009, 01:25 PM

why dont you try to find food that ahve lots of veggies in it.. but maybe they are in different forms or seasoned or something i know that helps me.. like i would rather have raw then anything else..
Old October 31st, 2009, 06:15 PM

I'd say you have to suck it up.

Personally, what you can also do is to try and add a small amount of salt/pepper/seasoning to make the vegetables taste better. It's at least worth a shot in order to make veggies taste better.

As for vitamins, I'd take multivitamins to be sure you're getting everything you want.
Old November 6th, 2009, 04:13 PM

I think an option would be to cook with the dishes that you like. Like I hate hate hate raw brocoli but when its cooked I really really like it. So I think you should try different ways of eating it like usually i think people like cooking it. For like carrots if you put it into soup it usually loses its original flavor and just gets the flavor of the soup itself making it taste much better. and seasong and all that stuff can really make things that you hate eating taste really good.