Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Internet & Technology

Old September 10th, 2009, 03:01 PM

Default macbook or a pc laptop?

help help help. so my mom is planning to get me a laptop for school. and i was wondering what i should go for? what do you guys think? some people are telling me to go for a macbook because it's less likely to have virus vs. a pc laptop. i'm using this for school purpose.. and just browering through the itnernet.. what do you guys think?
Old September 12th, 2009, 06:46 PM

I recently just switched from a pc to a mac. I really like mac..my main reason for switching was because I started having problems with my pc..something happened to the screen where the wires that connect the screen were loose so my screen would get fuzzy and then eventually it wouldn't work at all. I had no idea where to go to get it fixed. It wasn't under warranty anymore so I couldn't do anything other than go to some type of computer store and get it fixed. With macs you can at least take it to the apple store and have them look at it. That seemed a lot more convenient. And yes mac's don't get viruses. And I like a lot of the features on macs.
Old September 15th, 2009, 02:37 PM

agree! i have a mac os x and i'm in love with it! i use to have a pc and i would always get virus. with the mac i never got one. i love how they have so much features that come with it.. i love the updates. i love the sticky pads =) it much different from a pc so everything is pretty different. but after a while you get use to it and start falling in love with it =)
Old September 16th, 2009, 12:27 PM

MAC FTW! Foreal, I've had it for almost a year, and it still is just as fast!!! An still no viruses, how awesome is that. <3 and it looks nicer than any PC. I love the MAC commercials. haha
Old September 17th, 2009, 02:45 PM

yeah i'm not so fond of pcs anymore. i mean i grew up using a pc so using a mac was like alien symbols to me.. but after a while you get the hang of it. i love how you really don't get viruses. and the updates is a genius. can't go wrong witha mac.
Old September 26th, 2009, 06:14 PM

I know there's a lot of Mac lovers out there and nearly all of my family are devout mac users. I used to have the mac book, but then it gave me problems (battery, screen, dvd player). Finally i knew it was time to get a new lap top. When I went to buy a new laptop I wanted a mac but couldn't afford it so I got a Dell. I'm acutally really happy with my Dell. I did put a lot of upgrades on it for better memory and longer batter life. My programs run very fast and it's overall a strong lap top. Some might disagree but those are just my experiences.
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:43 AM

I have a macbook and it works amazingly. It has programs on it that I can easily use for school projects and assigments that actually help me out alot. Its amazing, I was so suprised that one little laptop could do so much. I love the fact that apple have great customer service that are there to help for any little thing that goes wrong. I also have a pc but I think you already know which one i perferr.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 06:03 PM

I never had a mac before but I really want one. I think I am going to get next school year cuz it makes more sense to get it when they have student discounts and deals but anyways I have a pc computer right now and does work pretty well it is just slow sometimes which gets annoying but yeah i have windows 7 so I really like it i mean there are also sticky notes in that too haha. but yeah also i dunno but i really like microsoft word 2007 i dont know if it works on macs but i know it doesnt come with it so yeah. but yeah i dont think pcs are that bad. especially if you have the most updated stuff.
Old November 9th, 2009, 02:34 PM

I have to say that macbooks are simplier to use and are less complex than pcs not saying that pcs are complicated...but some people aren't computer savy. Also Macs dont get viruses which is always a HUGE plus...no body likes viruses. THey are annoying. They only plus that pcs have is that they are way cheaper than macs and come in different shapes and sizes and colors and cool little things that add to the appearance...dell minis are so cute and hps have thier cool little designs....macs just come in black, white, or silver. But then you can always buy the colored case cover for mac...which cost a fortune.
Old November 13th, 2009, 05:15 PM

I am a pc user but I really want to get a mac someday but I just have to save up for it since it does cost quite a bit of money. my pcs aren't bad or anything like I havent had any problems with them except that sometimes it does get slow but I dont know that doesnt really bother me that much since i just need to restart my computer and then it works fine. but the reason i want a mac is that i really like the photo booth thing i know that might seem like a stupid reason just to get a mac for but like i really really like it hah.