Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Skincare

Old September 8th, 2009, 05:41 PM

Smile Aloe?

my friend use to have a good amount of acne. she would use pro-activ and such and still.. the acne kept coming. so after that her mom started to plant her own aloe plant and she would use it on her face before she goes to sleep. like leave it on like a mask. how affective do you think this will be? do you think it's dangerous to her face or will it work because it's a natural ingredient? how many hve you guys try this and actually have it work?
Old September 10th, 2009, 01:51 PM

When i was young, i actually did use aloe on my face. My mama grew some for us to use. My face wasn't too too bad but i did have acne. So she would cut the plant and then open it up, take the soft part inside and rub it on our faces. we would use it as a mask. I don't wear it overnight. I would leave it on for a couple of minutes and then wash it off. It made a difference to my skin for sure though.
Old September 26th, 2009, 05:24 PM

I've heard aloe is good for your skin. How did your friend's face turn out? you see any improvements? I'd love to know cause my bf has really bad acne and nothing seems to work for him. hehe. If this works maybe I'll tell him about it.
Old November 21st, 2009, 03:07 PM

I grow aloe in my kitchen for burns. I work as a cook so I know that aloe is a must have for skin care. I would use it when my skin was red and blochy (normally from the hot steam at work and such) and it works great. I don't have problems with pimples much either sense I started using it. I rub it on and let it dry then wash it off. Works great for me.
Old January 6th, 2010, 01:37 PM

I just recently tried to do this aloe thing. AND IT WORKS!!! Its amazing like I did it once a week for 3 wks straight and the difference was so shocking. It was mainly because I ran out of my facial gear...and so I used it as a mask instead...We grow it in the yard so I though...why not? Fell in love!!!

The good part about it is that it goes along with my normal skin care routine...and its natural and free...
Old January 27th, 2010, 04:35 PM

ive never tried this,. but to be honest i have never heard of it either . sounds like something my grandma would say to use.. anyways i never know until i try so maybe one day i might try.. does it have to be the one from the actual plant tho?? or can i buy the bottle haha
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:25 PM

yea when i was younger my mom grew an aloe vera plant simply because we did alot of sports and were out in the sun for a long time and then we would always be getting sun burned.. she would break off a peice of the plant and rub it on our sun burns.. it really helps. i think that the aloe on your face would act like a face mask when it drys and it seems like it might help.. somebody mentioned the bottled aloe.. those are usually mixed with other ingredents and so they wont work the same..
Old March 1st, 2010, 12:03 PM

home grown aloe vera plants work best because your getting fresh product when you walk outside and cut a chunk off of the plant and you use it right away. i think it should work to clear up acne.. or at least its a try. it does dry to your skin but im not sure that it will cure the acne. hopefully it does for your friend.
Old March 10th, 2010, 02:42 PM

man my grandma would use aloe as a laxative on us when we were kids and got constipated. It tastes sooooo nasty!!! But I know that it works great for burns and stuff like that. the gel helps with the sting of the burn. I've never tried it as an acne treatment. But I don't know I might lol. Its worth the try. I might as my grandma about it though and see what she says on the subject.
Old March 17th, 2010, 11:22 AM

I've heard alot of good things about Aloe. It does work Like its a home remedy for everything from burns to constipation. I have about two Aloe pants. One outside and one in my kitchen...Its like a cactus in that you don't need to give it that much water for it to grow. Which is good if you have a busy schedule.