Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Sexual Health

Old September 8th, 2009, 05:32 PM

Default Planned ParentHood

i don't know if everyone have this in their cities but around where i live we have a couple. i heard from other people that getting checked for std is free right? is that true? i was curious because i don't have insurance and i really want to get checked just in case. this is all classified information right? nothing will be disclosed to the public?!? thanks
Old September 10th, 2009, 01:45 PM

around where i live there is a couple of Planned Parenthood also. I've been there to confirm that i was really pregnant because like you, i don't have any insurance. they do give you a test to see if you have gonorrhea or clamydia. you should go check it out and see if you have to pay for anything. and as far as i know, everything is very much classified.
Old September 12th, 2009, 05:35 PM

If you don't have insurance then you shouldn't have to pay at planned parenthood for STD tests. Sometimes they might base it on income though. So if you are working they may ask how much you make a year and base their rates on that. I know some free clinics or government programs will do free STD testing. They usually have like a weekend or something that they will do it so you should check with your city. But yeah planned parenthood won't disclose any private information. Definitely check it out.
Old September 18th, 2009, 11:11 AM

planned parent hood is usually free if you just tell them that you have no job. i am very fortunate to be on my soon to be husbands insurance, but a friend of mine who was laid off and recently became prego was able to go to their clinic and got all her visit fees waived, good luck and also if you are a college student most colleges have health clinics on campus so check that out aswell.
Old September 19th, 2009, 01:33 PM

I agree with the last user in this thread. Most colleges tend to have STD testing available in the Nurse's Office, and in some places, they even advertise that in particular.

But yeah, it is free, you simply have to find out where.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 11:15 AM

Plan parenthood doesn't care if you have a job or not, believe me! I tried. It's only if you don't have insurance. If you don't have insurance, basically everything is free. Even if you do have insurance, just say you don't. They give you free stuff and you get what you need to get done for free.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 03:58 PM

im going to have to take a trip to planned parent hood.. im sure i can get alot of the things done i need too.. and yeah it seems like a very good business because really if more girl sknew about this or had access it would make there life alot better
Old October 6th, 2009, 05:57 PM

they are a great organization but make sure you call ahead becuase they sometimes are not offering the services that you need at the time you go. my friend works there and the local one by our city. they say it can be scarry going in but not to worrie that they will take care of you.. they offer birthcontrol and condoms, both are usually free. they do also preform abortions and help with other stuff like that.
Old October 8th, 2009, 04:31 PM

thats good to know. i love knowing that there is a place out there that you can go too when you need to things you needs not in a taking advantage way but i mean.. what if your a girl who comes from a stick family and you want birthcontrol but you can ask your mom.. you can go get it at planned parent hood. its just nice to know that theres a place you can go too to get what you need.
Old October 8th, 2009, 05:49 PM

can someone please explain to me.. how planned parent hood works?? like do you have to sign up .. what do you do.. how do you find a planned parenthood near you??