Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Bath & Body

Old September 8th, 2009, 06:26 PM

Default What so bad about taking a Bath?

okay so i grew up not really taking bath.. well maybe when i was really young but my mama always told me to take showers. and now i'm wondering what is it so bad? my mom told me it's something with soap going in your vagina that is bad? true or just one of those old wives tale? now that i moved into my new house.. the tub is gorgeous and i want to take full advantage of it..
Old September 12th, 2009, 07:00 PM

The only thing that I could think of is that you are kind of sitting in your own filth. Baths just kind of let the dirt sit in the tub while you're in it ! But baths use a lot less water than showers. I would say as long as you aren't super dirty then baths should be fine.
Old September 15th, 2009, 12:30 PM

yeah there are alot of " old wives" tales.. but to be honest i dont really know the reason why they say its not good to take baths.. i can honestly say when i was younger i loved bubble baths.. i would have the bath salt and everything.. but like you said.. my mom just wouldnt let me take them as often as i wanted too
Old September 25th, 2009, 01:11 PM

well there is some truth to young girls sitting in a bath tub as well as adult women. what happens is if you have some kind of bacteria on your skin and ur soaking in the tub you have a chance of it wondering into your vagina. but as far as soap it can just cause it to become irritated because some soaps cleaning agents are to harsh for such a delicate place.
Old September 26th, 2009, 03:33 PM

I have no clue if soap has anything to do with that, but I think you'll be fine. The only adverse effect with taking a bath is probably the amount of water that it uses, so if your city/state has a drought, maybe not such a good idea to take a bath. Otherwise...I don't see anything wrong with it.
Old September 28th, 2009, 02:42 PM

yeah ive heard that too.. but i really dont know why lol. i mean the way i see it the only thing that can be bad is because your baiscally sitting in your own dirt.. other then that i cant figure out why its so bad to do.
Old October 20th, 2009, 06:30 PM

i think baths are fine. if you worrie to much then of course your going to get something wrong because your going to worrie and its going to happen. yes ur sitting in your own dirt but thats why you are soposted to rinse off with clean water before you get out of your bath to get left over soap and dirt off of you.
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:09 AM

My G-Ma always told me that too. when i asked her why she said it was because you're not only sitting in your own dirt, you're soaking in for almost an hour. My mom being the type of person she is never paid attention and takes baths all the time and she's perfectly fine. I kindof see the logic in not taking baths for long periods of time tho, but I mean come on most people clean themselves atleast 2 times a day. How dirty could we possibly be to cause bacteria to take action from jus a tub bath?
Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:01 PM

when you take baths your sitting in dirt.. but i dont see anything wrong with taking baths other than the water gets too cold too soon unless you have a fancy bath with jets which keeps it hot like a spa. haha i love taking baths.. my new house only has one bath but man its amazing its huge! it can fit two ppl comfy the only thing is that it takes alot of water to fill. anyways baths are amazing if you dont mind your own dirt.. i like to shower off first then take my bath. i feel like im clean that way!
Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:09 PM

besides sitting in your onw dirt i have no idea.. haha i heard its bad for girls to take baths becasuse of the vagina.. but im not sure why.. either way i still dont remember the last time i took a bath i will admit tho i use to take baths all the tim whn i was younger.. with bubbles haha