Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Consumer Electronics

Old September 8th, 2009, 05:10 PM

Default ipod freezing

anyone ever had the problem where your ipod just freezes out of no where.. and you're wondering what you can really do with it because you can't take out the battery.. no way you can.. so i was wondering.. it happen to me once and i just waited it out.. is there a faster way to reset your ipod when it freezes?!?! and why does it freeze anyways?
Old September 12th, 2009, 05:19 PM

If you have the classic or the nano I think you can just hold down the menu button and the middle button. Or it might be the middle button and the play button. I'm not sure. But one of those combinations works and your ipod should just restart. You might have to hold it down for a good couple of seconds though. Hope that helps !
Old September 28th, 2009, 04:41 PM

i think to reset it you need to hold down the menu buttom or the center button.. one of those and then the apple logo pops up.. well it should when it turns back on..
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:47 PM

my friends ipod froze alot so he took it back to apple and complained and it happened to be a manufacture defect in some of the ipods so they just gave him a new upgraded version of the one he previously had.. i was like sweet so you might wanna check with apple and makesure things are good. you might have an upgrade coming.. lol hey atleast its worth a try.
Old October 12th, 2009, 11:49 AM

i have an ipod touch...it hasn't frozen on me yet and I hope it never does. But I read the manual and talked to the store person. The person at the store told me that no matter what I should always be able to turn it off so when it freezes to just turn of my ipod and turn it back on and it should work. If it doesn't then call apple or the company that I got it from and complain. Plus you can always go to the apple store and a rep would help you out, especially if you have a small problem and its usually for free.
Old October 12th, 2009, 04:53 PM

i hate that.. i think you hold down the menu and the center button at the same time not sure tho.. someone told me that.. and i remember doing it to my sisters nano once and it worked.. but yeah.. i hate when technology acts up! haha
Old October 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM

OMG...my itouch froze on me recently and I almost had a breakdown. The volume was like stuck and when ever I tried to lower it It would just go back by itself to the max volume. I seriously thought the thing was possesed. After freaking out for a little bit, my bff took it and turned it off and waited awhile to turn it back on and it was fine!! I was so happy because that Ipod is my running buddy, my study buddy, and my wake up on time to go to class buddy. With out it I wouldn't know what to do.
Old October 30th, 2009, 03:51 PM

Yeah my ipod touch recently froze and I really didnt know what to do none of the buttons were working so i just tried plugging it into my computer and it synced and everything but the screen was still frozen so i tried to wait it out but after 40 minutes and it was still frozen so I just decided to reset it so it just deleted everything so i had to pretty much start all over download all the songs again, download new apps, it was basically like a brand new touch except that it still had the info i typed onto the notes and calendar apps.
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:10 PM

uhhh yeah ihate that! i seriously hate when they freeze and then your stuck on that one screen and it one changeeven when you plug it into the charger. i know theres a way to restart it.. you hold down the.. menu right? speaking ipods mine is about tio die
Old February 19th, 2010, 01:38 PM

ugh! yes i cannot stand it becasue sometimes i cant get it to unfreeze no matter howmuch i try too even by plugging it in.
burt yeah im sure we all have a love hate relationship with out i pods. speaking of which my fav song is on,, rude boy