Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old September 8th, 2009, 06:07 PM

Default Eating healthy

i want to eat healthy. and salad is one of the things i should consider. but i'm not a real big fan of salads.. so is there any way to spice it up a little bit? instead of carrots.. will it be awkward if i added potatoes or is that a total no go? not a fan of ranch either.. so can anyone introduced me into some real good topping for salad??
Old September 10th, 2009, 03:16 PM

i never had potatoe and salad together but hey that just might work. it actually sounds pretty delicious. well if you don't like ranch maybe you should try the thousand island dressing then? go experiment around with it and i'm sure you'll find something your content with.
Old September 14th, 2009, 12:02 PM

i try my best to eat as healthy as i can.. i drink pleny of water a day but i doi have an issue with snacking.. its not all the time that i snack..but i do have a fat week.. where i basically just allow myself to eat what i want and not worry too much about it.. it works out fine in the end because after thay week all my craving are gone.
Old September 16th, 2009, 11:59 AM

You could also try those 100 calorie snacks. I eat those all the time! If you love junk food you could try to cut down by eating those. They are just as good! Or try those fiber one bars. They're also great and healthy as well (=
Old October 7th, 2009, 01:29 PM

I eat healthy balanced meals everyday along with the rest of my family. Good nutrition and diet are very important to us. We eat a salad everyday and I bought a salad cook book that tells you different types of salads you can make that doesn't have to involve the normal salad ingredients.
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:00 PM

i try the best i can to eat healthy.. i drink lots and lots of water as much as i can before i start getting bored with it and add some crystal light or something.. but yeah i drink lots of water.. but .. i will admit i do have a fat week .. where i basically just eat anything i want.. while still trying to drink pleny of water.. haha the only down side is you have tp use the restroom every 15 minutes haha
Old October 10th, 2009, 01:57 PM

I really can't say what sort of toppings are good for Salad, but I think most of them should be fine since they're typically low calory unless you pour the whole bottle.

As far as Salads are concerned, go ahead and add whatever you want. Just don't make it a taco salad. XP
Old October 21st, 2009, 12:44 PM

I completly understand how frustrating and confusing eating healty can be when you first start the process. Salads aren't the only things that are healthy its good to eat meat and other forms of proteins as well. You just may need to balance out your diet so you don't over consume one type of food group. That is the hard/confusing part for me becuase i keep wondering how much is too much?
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:27 PM

eating healthy is at times can be very stressful. Its so easy to just go to they nearest fast food joint and pick something up thats already cooked and gauranteed to taste good. Many people don't have the time to be cooking healthy foods all the time. But there are some fast food places that offer organic meals that are supposed to be healthy.
Old October 30th, 2009, 03:12 PM

I think that you can pretty much add anything you like to salads there really is no limitation at least in my opinion. like i had this salad at chilis and it was really good but i think it was more like salsa then salad. It had corn chips, chopped tomatoes, and a bunch of other stuff i dont really remember but yeah i really do think that anything can be made into a salad you just have to pair it with like things that go together.