Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Skincare

Old September 8th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Default st. Ives?

the bottle says to use it every 3-4 weeks. what happens if i use it as an everyday kind of thing? would that be too rough on my skin because of the beads. will it get off dead skin AND skin that is needed if i use it too much? my mom told me that to use it too much and just follow the instructions.. what do you guys think?
Old September 8th, 2009, 05:21 PM

i think you should stick to what the bottle says. i think the main reason for using it is to exoflicate your skin. i don't think you want to do it too much. it just might be bad for it. my best guess is go with what it tells you and if you don't feel content maybe you should call them??
Old September 12th, 2009, 05:37 PM

Are you talking about the St. Ives apricot scrub? Yeah if its an exfoliator I would say just follow what the instructions say. Exfoliating your skin too much is bad because its too harsh for your skin. So its probably better to only to it a couple of times a week. Or some dermatologists say to only exfoliate once a week.
Old October 7th, 2009, 01:43 PM

Its always good to follow the instructions for the product especially if you are expholiating. Also it depends on what type of st. ives products you are using. They all have different instruction labels. The reason why it probably advises you to not use it everyday is becuase it is harsh on your skin and after repeated use on a daily bases can harm it.
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:24 PM

when using a scrub or other product take caution when using it more than what the bottle says because if you use it too much then it will actually cause your skin to become super dry and all flaky. lets face it nobody likes flaky skin. hopefully you have not already damaged your skin. just follow the instruction and you wil be fine.
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:27 PM

I think that you should follow the instructions they're there for a reason so it makes sense for you to follow them. I think St. Ives is a a really good product and I used to use it myself. I'm currently trying out a new product, mostly because my dermatologist recommended it to me for my many blemishes on my face. But I love their Apricot Scrup it smells so good!!!
Old March 22nd, 2010, 05:57 PM

I used to use this all the time but I never read the back for the instructions. But really like I didn't know that you're not supposed to be using it everyday. Thats what I did so maybe thats why it didn't really work for me all that well after a while. I might give it another shot because I actually have some left over at home that I gave up one. I have to read the instructions...good thing I read this thread lol