Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Women's Health

Old September 8th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Default Ovary Cyst?

my sister went to the hospital yesterday because of a ovary cyst they found. her stomach was in tons of pain so she end up going to the hospital. she is also pregnant. so i was wondering.. how big does the cyst have to be to cause your ovary to twist? will it affect the baby in any way? is it dangerous? will she be able to have kids in the future?
Old September 10th, 2009, 02:06 PM

sorry to hear about your sister. well, from what my family and i experience with my mom having a cyst was that my mother's cyst wasn't too big. so no it didn't cause any twisting. for what i heard is, it can cause twisting if it gets big and sometimes when it twist it can cause bad blood which is infectious to your body. and so, they would have to remove your ovary. i heard about women having cyst while they are preggo and if it doesn't come out on their own then they would have to get it removed. usually, it doesn't bother the baby.
Old September 15th, 2009, 01:13 PM

from what i heard, ovarian cyst are common. it's just women usually have little ones and they usually come out with your period. i didn't really look it up but i'm also trying to understand why they even get to the size of a melon. it is because it doesn't flush out? scary..
Old September 26th, 2009, 04:51 PM

aw, I really hope the best for your sister. I really don't want to scare you, but I just wanted to say my friend foudn out she had ovarian cancer while she was pregnant. Altough they removed the cancer she did lose her baby. She also doesn't know if she can get pregnant again. It's just a good thing that they were able to find the cyst in your sister before it's too late. I really hope things turn out well for your sis.