Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Women's Health

Old September 7th, 2009, 01:42 PM

Default Calcium Supplement

My doctor suggested that I start taking calcium supplements because I'm very petite and I know women are more prone to osteoporosis. A friend said she takes these calcium supplements that are like caramel candies and I think it comes in chocolate too. I forgot the name of it but I was just wondering if anyone has tried them and if they taste ok?
Old September 12th, 2009, 05:58 PM

I can't remember the name of the calcium supplement either but I know which one you are talking about. I've tried them and to me they were ok but they had a weird after taste. Kind of like metal or something which I really didn't like so I stopped taking them. The Gummie Bear Vitamins that they have for kids also come in a calcium supplement gummy. I like those wayy better. But they are for kids so the dosage is lower. I just take 2 gummies instead of 1 but they taste pretty good so I've stuck with them.
Old September 25th, 2009, 11:04 AM

im not to sure about the carmel ones but i know the chocolate ones taste amazing. i love eating them. but be careful, my cousin was giving them to her son who was about 3 and it started to cause a calcium build up in his system. but they do sell them at discount places like walmart and such so it can save u money. good luck.
Old September 28th, 2009, 05:21 PM

funny i should open this my boss just gave me this little peice of candy called calcium something .. its wrapped up like a tootise roll and it doenst tast all that bad.. i mean after awhile of chewing on it it tast horrible lol but before that its actually good.
Old September 30th, 2009, 04:41 PM

i think i need a calcium supplement because.. well i dont really drink alot of milk and it doesnt help that im lactose either.. only towards certain things..
its hard sometimes because i react different to different things. like thai tea i love and i cant have :/
Old October 26th, 2009, 01:50 PM

They have candied ones...I seriously need to tell my mom because she always complains about having to take her supplements and I know she takes calcium. It would probably make it easier for her to take. Im diffinitly going to Walmart and see if I can get her some. I wished they did that with iron and potassium tablets.