Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > DVD Blue Ray Exchange

Old September 4th, 2009, 05:11 PM

Default Blu-Ray

What exactly is the difference between blu-ray and regular dvds? I know its supposed to be clearer but is that it?
Old September 8th, 2009, 05:22 PM

i don't own one myself but i think i should. friends are telling me it's actually a very good investment. it's a lot more clearer.. and just everything about it. some people even tell me that it's way better than going to the movies! so it's something i am most definitely looking into getting for the future..
Old October 2nd, 2009, 03:23 PM

Default what is the difference?

Yeah I don't know what the difference is either I usually dont even really pay attention to which kind I am buying. But there are always the people that say blue ray is so much better than something else that I cant remember. But I usually dont even know which kind I am watching so how big of a difference is there.
Old October 31st, 2009, 05:20 PM

I don't think there's much difference other than interactivity and features. Plus, I think that Blu-Ray discs can store a lot more data than DVD.

As for features, I think for the new movies, the way movies are filmed today, it's going to take advantage of HD movies as well as different resolutions. Older movies, I think, are not going to have much of an effect.
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:33 AM

I went to the store this past weekend and say a blu-ray player, it looked really nifty but my goodness it was expensive. I guess if you have the money that hey, why not rite?
I love the Idea of the blu-ray player, mainly because my friend's always telling me how amazing it is. I guess I'll end up buying one, but if its as good as my friend says it is then it'll be worth it.
Old November 14th, 2009, 05:54 PM

From what I can tell:

Blu-Ray has a much larger capacity for carrying information on it's disc than DVD. Because of this, it is much easier to put higher-quality movies on the disc without compromising it's quality. This means that systems liks the PS3, will be able to take advantage of that space quite well.
Old November 17th, 2009, 05:19 PM

idk im not totally sold on the whole blue ray dvd players yet. from what i see there more expensive to buy plus the dvd's cost more. would it be useful if i do not even have a high definition tv? i hear that things are sposta be better what are the pros and cons im thinking about possibably buying one this holiday season any ideas?
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:38 PM

BluRay discs, like Drucilla said, have a much larger capacity for information. DVD, while it is good, does not have as much data. That's really all this is to it. You may have heard of Final Fantasy XIII being ported to Xbox360, and it requires a graphical downgrade and the loss of Japanese Language options. I think the 360 is a DVD. In any case, this is what I think is the difference between DVD and Blu-Ray.
Old December 15th, 2009, 01:20 PM

oh so baisically its just has more options becaseu the dvd has the the space for it.. hmm i get it.. yeah i guess that makes more sense.. but i still dont see the need to buy them,..i just buy dvds when i want a movie haha to me its the same aslong as its not scrated.
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:54 PM

for some reason all the guys i know rave about lue ry they swear its soo much better then regular dvds haha to me i can care less a dvd is a dvd as long as it work and plays i dont care but yeah i guess maybe one day i'll realize what this craze is all about