Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Skincare

Old September 4th, 2009, 05:06 PM

Default Proactiv?

Has anyone tried proactiv before? I've heard some really good stuff about it but I don't know if it is worth buying.
Old September 8th, 2009, 04:28 PM

i never used pro-activ before... but i do have a friend that used it before. pro-activ is known to dry out your skin. i guess it's the active ingredients in there. in the beginning, when she was using it.. it made her face really really really dry. flaky. but after a while of her using it.. it did clear up. got rid of the redness on her face. not to mention, some of her red scars started to lighten up. but hey everyone is different. some hvae good results and other remains the same.
Old September 14th, 2009, 12:10 PM

ive used it before when i was in higschool.. my mom bought it for me and it did work for a little.. then after while it just stopped its almost as if my skin was immuned form the medication. but while it did work.. it worked very well.
Old September 15th, 2009, 01:19 PM

in the beginning.. it dried out my skin. i use the whole shabang too! you know the wash the toner the lotion the mask. the mask was a killer to my face though.. it made it so dry. GAHH. but it supposely lighten up the scars.. i don't use it anymore but like someone said.. it worked in the beginning after that it just stopped. BOOoo..
Old October 7th, 2009, 11:58 AM

I use proactiv. At first it works like magic within the first two weeks your face is clear and your acne is gone. but after years of using it I've noticed that it stops working and doesnt do anything for your acne. And when i tried to stop using it all together and try another product my breakouts got even worse. Now I try natural remedies and try to slowly ease away from using proactiv.
Old November 4th, 2009, 12:17 PM

It worked like magic for the first couple of year that I used it then after a while it just stoped working. I was mad because I was so used to having flawless skin and being envied by other girls for my smooth face, then I just started breaking out. I had to stop using it becuase it was just making my skin worse. I love the product, I just wished that It would have continued to work for me the way it did at the beginning.
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:18 PM

yeah same for me.. it worked great for a yr and then i think my skin started to become immuned to the medication becasue it no longer burned when i put on the wash..

after that i didnt have anymore results and just ended up washing my face with soap and water and it works great for me.. most the time i do have to occiasn break outs
Old January 6th, 2010, 03:34 PM

This product works great for the first couple of weeks, months even. But then after awhile its like you get immune to it and it just stops working all together. It made me mad because Everybody swears by it and then it was great and left my flawless...then all of a sudden just stopped working on me. I was heated. I kept using it thinking things would change...It made my acne worse and would dry out my skin and my skin would burn and start feeling peally and then my pimples would hurt so bad. I now have extremely sensitive skin...so I have to use a specific product that works perfectly for me and has for the past 9 months.
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:59 PM

i agree about how the product works i use to buy it and it worked for a little and then after awhile it would stop just working. so now i just use different items switch them up every so often. so that my face doesnt become immuned to it
Old January 15th, 2010, 12:33 PM

i am not sure i have never used this for my self but i do have cousins and friends who use it and they say its the best stuff they have ever used, im not to sure i smelled it once and it smelled super strong.. im not to sure if i would even want to be putting that stuff on my face i would be afraid of it being way to strong and manybe burning my face my skin if very senstive and so i always worrie about what i put on.