Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old September 4th, 2009, 04:59 PM

Default Easy to cook and healthy !

Any recipes for things that are healthy and easy to cook? I'm not very good at cooking and I don't have much time to be in the kitchen.
Old September 8th, 2009, 04:05 PM

gah tell me about it! i'm trying to stop eating out and stay more on the healthy side. after i moved out on my own there's no more coming home to mama's bomb diggity (and healthy) dinners. i miss her vegatable soup. any vegatable soup to share loves!?!?
Old September 16th, 2009, 04:02 PM

yes yes yes i need info on easy things to cook too that are healthy!! because i have seriously gained soo much weight over this past yr and im determined to lose it.. and i want to do it befopre halloween haha i know that sounds unreasonable.. but seriously. i want too
Old September 25th, 2009, 02:08 PM

some things my wonderful boyfriend cooks for dinner are bonless chicken breasts he bakes them in the oven they come out so juicy and good, then he makes chicken rice to go along with it and he cheats and makes boxed cheese potatos. best dinner to come home to. i cook also but my cooking is no where as healthy as the things he makes.. but a you can never go work with a good garden salad then buy premade sliced southwest chicken salad toppers that ar good and healthy
Old September 26th, 2009, 01:42 PM

I really am not sure can be done quick and healthy....but things you can try would be simple garden/fruit salads to make a good meal/snack for you, there are also sandwiches as well that you can make, and lastly, you can also try simple cookbooks. Heck, I received a cookbook that involved using canned food that was actually pretty good. XD
Old October 10th, 2009, 01:17 PM

I read that book as well! It's.....interesting to say the least, but it is a good concept.

Personally, I would focus on simple foods that are easy to cook, such as chicken, salmon, or pasta. Those foods tend to be very easy and quick to cook, and you can do a lot with them to make them healthy and tasty.
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:54 AM

There are many websites that you can go on to find healthy cooking tips and recipes. By just searching on google you usually come up with many helpful cooking sites that may help ease your transition. Also there are many organic or healthy living cookbooks you can by at health food stores or book stores for that matter. Congrats on wanting to go healthy. Its hard for many people to do.
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:40 PM

There are tons of healthy recipes that are available right at your finger tips. Just google them. There are tons upon tons. Even some vegan and vegetarian ones. I'm trying to be healthy myself, and thanks to healthy cookbooks and the internet I've been enjoying it. Not only does the food taste really good but I actually made it myself. It doens't get better than that lol
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:56 PM

ok so i know chicken is sorta healthy for you so im thinking that the way i cook it is easy. i put them in the oven on broil setting. then it only takes like 25 mins to cook them and half way through the 25 mins you just flip them over so they cook on both sides and then there already done. then you can make a simple pasta dish and it makes a good meal.
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:22 PM

The wonders of the internet and google combined. You can just google healthy simple recipes and alot of stuff should come up. Also there are tones of cook books that you can buy depending on the type of food that you're interesting in making. I just recently started to break off from depending on cook books all the time. Kind of like creative cooking. But cook books are a great place to start. And there are online cook books that you can find easily through google or any other search engine.