Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old August 26th, 2009, 02:53 PM

Default What are some healthy snack recipes I could make that don't include meat?

i could realy use the help! thanks!
Old September 4th, 2009, 04:56 PM

When I want to eat healthy without eating meat I usually just stick with vegetables. I like eating them raw or I just put them in a salad. I try not too put too much dressing though because that just adds calories.
Old September 19th, 2009, 12:59 PM

Perosnally, I stick to fruit. I like bananas, apples, so maybe if you're a fruit fan, you can try and make a simple fruit salad. There's also cheese and crackers and other snacks like that. No matter what though, make sure to stick to small portions though~
Old February 3rd, 2010, 02:27 PM

There are this things that are veggie puffs...they're in a been pod shape...I don't know what they're called but they sell them at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. Also theres veggie chips. Well atleast Chips made from veggies instead of potatoes. I think they're tasty...before I tried them I thought it was nasty but I gave it a try and they actually tast pretty good....
Old February 6th, 2010, 05:59 PM

Personally, the snacks that I usually have when I don't want meat would have to be fruits. Fruits are really good in my opinion, and what I also like to do is to try and make a fruit salad or just any sort of salad. They're all really good, and really healthy, and best of all, no meat~!
Old February 16th, 2010, 05:29 PM

well this is more or less a meal to eat but they also taste good for a snack.. basically you make mashed potatos. then you fry up some corn tortills and add cheese.. you make potato tacos.. then you can add hot sause and other veggies if you choose.. my friend makes them all the time.. she eats absolutly no meat at all. she says she feels much healthier and is saving the anamals.
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:21 PM

I would say like haystacks or something like that. Basically a salad with beens and cheese on tortilla chips. They actually taste pretty good without the meat. I love haystacks!!! Also theres a rice salad. Thats a little bit more complicated. but they have recipes online...just google it. Oh and potato salad...i love potato salad especially as a side dish!!!