Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Women's Health

Old January 26th, 2009, 01:50 PM

Question Why aren't I having my period?

I'm about 5 days late and I haven't had any sexual activity. Are there any other reasons for someone to not have their period?
Old January 26th, 2009, 03:31 PM

Cool

You could just be irregular. Sometimes you could be late if you are undergoing a lot of stress. Work, school, home anything could effect your stress levels and cause you to probably lose some hair and make you late on your period. If you haven't gotten it then you should try visiting your physician, because it could be something serious. Good luck with that
Old September 4th, 2009, 03:21 PM

Yeah it is possible that you are just irregular. Stress can also make your period late or skip a period all together. Weight loss/ gain can affect your period as well. And also physical activity, I know some women who are very athletic and some months when they are working out a lot or just very physically active they skip their period.
Old September 4th, 2009, 06:15 PM

Yeah it could be that you are irregular. Periods don't always come on a perfect 28 day cycle. But many other things can affect your period too. Stress could definitely be a cause. Or sometimes just your eating habits..if you don't get enough iron you could skip a period. Weight gain/loss. And physical activity. I know some women who are really athletic and when they are training sometimes they skip their period.
Old September 16th, 2009, 03:24 PM

yeah it could be stress.. sometimes im a little irregular.. its kinda like if i spend enough time with someone i start to have the same cycle they do. just give a a week or so and visit a doctor.
Old October 20th, 2009, 06:06 PM

if your just late on your period you can try things such as birthcontrol and that can cause you to be more regular. another thing that can be affecting it could be your weight. sometime you do not get your period if your body does not have enought fat on it other times if you have to much it can cause it to be extreamly heavy and other things like that.
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:45 PM

yeah i agree with the top two post.. i mean there are a varit of different things that can happen.. but i mean if its 5 dats kate maybe you should go to the doctor after 7 days and see if they can figure out whats causing it
Old October 30th, 2009, 04:25 PM

I think dont worry too much until yeah about a week or more because like for me sometimes it is a few days late and i had some friends that only get it for like a day and then it stops and nothing is wrong but its just irregular. I dont know if you take birth control maybe that affects it too but i dont so I wouldnt really know.
Old November 17th, 2009, 06:44 PM

there are so many things that can affect your cycle. like medicines your taking, what you have been consuming, your weight, stress and other health conditions. go to your doctor and see if he/she can figure out why you a late. maybe its because you have been stressing over starting your period ? im not totally sure but i hope what ever it is that you are ok!
Old November 21st, 2009, 04:09 PM

I agree with Elizabeth. Keep an eye on it, if this becomes a regular thing not to be regular (or if you dont get your period at all!) then you better get into your doctor for a pap, even if it is just to rule out any other conditions. better safe than sorry.