Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:04 PM

i remember watching the notebook and how the kids come by and visit there mom.. and you can just tell the sadness in one of the daughter faces when she doesnt even reconize them.. it must be terrible im deeply sorry
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:20 PM

yeah a cure would be nice. its crazy how we dont have a cure for cancer or this disease.. but one day hopfully in th near furture we will.. and sometimes it takes a few losses to win one for all.
i wish you and your family the best.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:36 PM

aww yeah i remember that part on the notbook or when.. they are on like a date and he starts to play music and starts to remember and then suddenly forgets who he is.. thats so sad the pain he has in his face aww
Old September 25th, 2009, 12:20 PM

i actually lost a great grandmother to alzheimers. it was sad to see her go but she wasnt doing any good down here on earth.. she would forget who she was and would always tell us she was somebody else.. and she would say mean things about ceratin people. she became very racist. didnt even know her children when she saw them.. it was really bad. i just wish they had a cure for it..
Old September 26th, 2009, 04:05 PM

Default alzheimers

My grandma right now is in the beginning stages of alzheimers. It's really sad. I've read of little things someone can do early to try to prevent it. such as doing puzzles and mind games routinely. I've also heard that foods exposes to foil can cause it(anyone know anything about this)? I think something about the aluminum. who knows. it's just a sad thing. Yea I wish there was a cure also.
Old October 17th, 2009, 06:45 PM

Hang in there. A new study I read just last week actually says they found the reason why the brain slowly stops functioning. Its the cells that read the nuerotransmitters, not the nuerotransmitters, that is actually defected. Now that they know that they can work on better targeted medication. I also read that they did find a cure for it, but that the side effects were so terrible (like bleeding out in the brain and death) that they needed to go back and work on making it safer, but it did stop the brain from slowing fading away.
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:24 PM

I think its a horrible illness that not only affects you but your family as well. Its a painful process emotionally for both the person and the family who have to witness it everyday. It puts a strain on the family bond and in some ways can bring them together. The fact that there is no absolute cure makes the entire situation worse. Hopefully in the near future someone would discover something that would lead to a cure.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 01:30 PM

I think that its a very heart breaking experiece for the person going through it as well as the family helping them through it as well.
There are alot of studies being proformed in the United States towards finding a cure fo Alzheimers. So maybe in the near future we would actually have if not a cure then something that would slow down the process of the disease. My condolences to you and your family.
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:44 PM

yeah its really difficult when somene you love and have known your whole life doesnt remember who you are and doesnt have any memorie of who there children are.. espeically since they have known them for the majority of there life. just like the notebook.
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:41 PM

awww yeah i remember that part on the notebook its really sad the looks on the daughters face when you can tell ally doesn remember them or her grandchildren.. even noah! i wonder how that works they just dont have any memories or just longggg term memorie such as childhood.. or short term.. hmm maybe i should google it