Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old January 22nd, 2009, 06:41 PM
Unhappy Alzheimers

I really wish that they could find some kind of cure or prevention for Alzheimers. I think that it's an awful disease that is hard to deal with physically and emotionally. What do you guys think? I know they have some medication to slow down the process of Alzheimers, but I don't think that's enough. I wish we could all do something about it.

Tell me your past experiences or what you think about Alzheimers

thanks guys!
Old September 4th, 2009, 02:58 PM

I agree I think Alzheimers is terrible. I have a family friend who has alzheimers and its so sad. Her son will tell me stories of things that happen like how she forgets her wallet or purse in places. And it just seems like such an emotional and physical toll on her family. They constantly have to watch her and keep track of all her stuff and then its just sad that she cannot remember things that happened earlier in the day and stuff like that.
Old September 4th, 2009, 05:10 PM

I wish someone could find a cure for Alzheimers too. I don't personally know anyone with the disease but I've heard stories from friends whose grandparents have it. Its really sad and yes I think it takes a very big emotional toll on the people around them.
Old September 8th, 2009, 05:36 PM

i totally feel you on that one. i was watching the mike and juliet morning show and it said that a way to prevent alzheimers is by working your brain. as in playing chess.. signing up for classes.. reading.. basically putting your brain in work. it's sad indeed.. my grandpa has alzhemiers and it breaks my heart every time whenever i go to his house to visit him. he would need the nurse by his side 24/7. i wish they had a cure for it too because not only is the person with alzhemiers going through pain.. so is the family.. the granddaughter =*(
Old September 14th, 2009, 11:10 AM

aww well yeah its a very sad thing to see epsically if a loved one is going throught it.. sadly tho.. there really is nothing that can stop it.. i remember reading something in a magazine before about how certain body items that contain aluminum can cause a higher risk of the diease.
Old September 16th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Post I feel you

I think it's one of the saddest diseases out there. What hurts me is that there is no CURE for it. All I know is how to prevent from having it. People just have to use their brains more than they should. Challenge themselves to a game of sudoku or any brain challenging games to exercise their mind.
Old September 16th, 2009, 11:17 AM

Awh yeah, I know! I really encourage my mother and father to exercise their brains so they can always keep it active. It will never go to rest. Always try to do some sudoku or other brain challenging games! That will help prevent alzheimers.
Old September 19th, 2009, 12:56 PM

I do wish there was a way to cure alzheimers. My grandmother suffered from alzheimes when she grew older and she started to become very sick. D:

I think there may be some organizations that are dedicated to finding the cure or prevention or treatment of alzheimers that also run charities too, so that may be something to do.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:45 AM

yeah Alzheimers is a terrible thing to watch a loved one go through i personally havent had anyone in my family go through anythinng liek that but my best freinds grandma is .. its pretty sad because one of her sons has just passed awhile and she calls his phone every single day asking why he hasnt answered.

i wish you and your family wellness. and hopefully things get a little easier on you.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:50 AM

aww im sorry to hear about that.. yeah its super depressing when you go visit someone and they dont know who you are. its a terrible thing. anyways i wish everyon the best and yeah if only there was a cure. maybe one day tho.