Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Sexual Health

Old June 14th, 2010, 10:46 AM

Default family vs. ur boyfriend/girlfriend.

so i am putting this under sexual health because it is a result of having sex. ok so a friend of mine ended up getting prego and her family absolutly hate her boyfriend/baby daddy. well she loves them both and does not want her family to hate her but yet she still wants to be with him. her family wants her to either raise the child with out him or they are refusing to be in the childs life. its so sad how can she find a happy meeting ground???
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:37 PM

finding a 'happy ground' just sound almost impossible right now. i'm assuming that your friend is old enough to make her own decision. in the end, it's her family. are they really going to call a split from her because she wants to keep a child? she should make a decision based on HERSELF. what she WANTS. not what the FAMILY wants.
Old June 24th, 2010, 01:28 PM

i agree with gianna. why is the boyfriend really that hated?

i would say unless it is something like xenophobia over what the boyfriend may do, you should consider what your family has to say. however, you are an adult, so in the end, it's up to you on what you need to do.
Old August 6th, 2010, 10:29 AM

thats a really hard situation simply because if family really did quit talking to her they wouldnt be hurting just her but also her baby if she decided to keep the child. i dont like how some familys quit talking to their child if something happened to her such as getting pregnant. majority of my family is so super disappointed when a girl in out family has a child with out being married and they really do not accept that it is ok, which is sad because they should be able to look past the whole marriage thing. i hope everything works out for her.
Old June 18th, 2010, 01:43 PM

The only other thing I can think of is to get the boyfriend to show that he is a good guy.

Now, I have to ask, why does the family hate the boyfriend? Is it a cultural thing, is it more or less xenophobia over the boy itself, or has he done anything to legimiately earn the hatred of the family?

If it's any of the first two, it may be a good idea to try and have the guy show to them that he can be a good caretaker. If he has done something really stupid, then I would say to tell your friend to consider her own options before she commits to a decision.
Old June 21st, 2010, 12:51 PM

i agree with the last post.. the boyfriend needs to show the fam that he can provided and he has changed his ways.. becasue honestly ive been there and done that and its not easy there will alwasy be conflict. and thats not good espeically when their is a baby involved and i think its very immature for the family to put your freind in that postion.
Old April 8th, 2011, 01:06 PM

my best friend is currently going through this.. the guy she is dating theyhave been trying to get together for 4 years.. but the timing was never right or one of them didnt want it.. and the others did but a few months ago they finally go it right and her family doesnt like him!! and she fights all the time with her fam and basically hes not allowed at her house.. i know it twears her up inside but in the end.. she needs to make amense espeically if they plan on getting serious