Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old May 29th, 2010, 05:44 PM

Default the gym - a good date?

i was thinking of asking my partner to go with me to the gym on a active date. one that sounds fun to me. however, i wonder if it might be interpreted as a mixed message. like if a guy asks a girl to go to the gym on a date, just for variety? however, would she take it as a insult?

just curious because i think it sounds fun to do, but i don't want them to get the wrong idea for this.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:02 PM

if someone asked me to go to the gym with them i would not take or even consider it a date just because its the gym.. so if the guy i lied and i was dating said lets go to the gym id be like okay.. and go.. but i wouldnt tell my bestie.. im going on a date lol
Old June 4th, 2010, 12:25 PM

i personally would not say the gym was a date. more like just hanging out. i have a gym membership so if a guy was like he do you go to the gym n i responded yea n he was all wanna go with me i would not be offended, but however if i didnt have a gym membership and i wasnt into going to the gym then i might be like um.. how about no. haha i would not call it a date tho.
Old June 5th, 2010, 01:05 PM

I'll definately keep this in mind on Wednesday or Friday. I'm planning on going out to see my boyfriend, and I was thinking of the gym a bit as well since I was running out ofi deas....but when you guys say it, it's definately not so much a date as just hanging out. Good for hanging out, but not so much a great date spot.

Thanks for the tips.
Old June 7th, 2010, 12:19 PM

absolutly not. i really dont think going to the gym would be a good idea, i would much rather be going some where fun. and doing something exciting so hopefully you will be able to go to like the movies or something like that. i think a really good date would be going to like a park for a picnic or doing something like that.it would be a really romantic date idea.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 03:50 PM

a date to the gym just sound too casual unless you two are total gym heads but i think if you are trying to go more on an 'active' date why don't just make it a little more fun? hiking up the mountains.. and then a picnic? going on a nice bicycle ride along side of the beach? i mean sound better than the gym. just way too casual in my opinion.
Old August 26th, 2010, 05:09 PM

i think its cute if i go with my boyfriend then yeah i think its pretty funny. i mean iknow im not going to go lift weifght and i know that im probably going to stay on the eplitcal but i go with freinds and we talk all the time so why noy with my boyfriend
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:19 PM

i think it's a good idea to go out to the gym. and if your partner thinks the gym is a little too casual than consider doing something active at the park by going jogging together or even along the shoreline of a nice beach. that's always better romantic =) i'm sure your partner won't find it insulting! just something different from a typical 'date'.