Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Skincare

Old May 19th, 2010, 12:32 PM

Default damaged skin

I really think I have like damaged skin from uv rays. I mean it doesn't really show if you just look at me but I am pretty sure if I go under one of those camera things that takes pictures of your skin it would come out black from all the damage. I don't know i just thought of this after i saw a feature on skin cancer on gma and i just think that my skin is just as bad.
Old May 21st, 2010, 12:08 PM

i would def be careful to not let your face recieve too much sun simply because too much sun can cause wrinkles and crows feet which are never attractive on a person. but yea just always try to wear a hat while your out in the sun that will help you prevent your face from getting burnt and things like that. very important to wear sun block on your face. and if you have children always have a hat, sunglasses and sunblock on them.
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristen Allen View Post
i would def be careful to not let your face recieve too much sun simply because too much sun can cause wrinkles and crows feet which are never attractive on a person. but yea just always try to wear a hat while your out in the sun that will help you prevent your face from getting burnt and things like that. very important to wear sun block on your face. and if you have children always have a hat, sunglasses and sunblock on them.
i second you on your posting. when you have children it is important to teach them about safe sun and how to keep covered.. they should always be wearing sunglasses, and sunblock.. if you can get them to wear a hat simply because it will sheild their faces from getting too much sun exposure at such a young age.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 12:30 PM

Yeah I agree. It is very important to have sunblock. I didn't really wear sunblock as a kid and now some parts of my skin look gross because of sun damage like where my glasses went around my noes the skin just looks stretched out and disgusting. i really wish i wore more sunblock as a kid. But I am glad I do now so I can prevent that from happening to all my skin.
Old June 4th, 2010, 01:51 PM

i hate having damaged skin, but thats the price i pay for spending so many hours out in the sun. i always thought that it was needed to make me look good now im looking at buying some sunblocking hats. but really but it needs to be done., i really cant deal with the sun damaging my skin. really i need to buy a hat i was looking at those really big horse derby hats i think that it would be really cute to buy one of those big hats that shade you face when out in the sun.
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:55 PM

if you're already suspecting that you have some sort of damage from UV rays than you should definitely get it checked out. it's always better to get it checked better than assuming. but of course it's important to get a nice dose of sun but not too much. like someone said.. those nicely brimmed straw hats that blocks your face is always a good option!
Old June 21st, 2010, 01:59 PM

oh definintely i couldnt agree more i bet if i got under one of thise cameras you would see everything. i just winder what impact itds going to have on me in the future hopefully nothing too serious.. and with the days being hotter and hotter its hard to avoid the sun exposure.
Old June 24th, 2010, 02:39 PM

i know it's a tad late but i didn't know what wearing sunglasses just have that much importance to it. i just found out recently uv rays can really damage our eyes. uv rays can give our eyes temporary vision lost called photokertsis or something like that. now that summer is here.. i'm all about putting sunblock on and wearing sunglasses when i'm out!