Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Women's Health

Old May 18th, 2010, 01:26 PM

Default just friends.

recently i had to tell this really great nice guy that i could only see him as freind. we went out a few times but i just couldnt see it going anywhere and i know im young i should go out and have fun but honestly i couldnt even see myself actually dating hime and i wanted to end things before it got to far i didnt want to lead him on ya know!

but today i find myself thinking about him and wanting to hangout with him.. as a friend tho how do i bring it up without it sounding like im just using him to go out with cause i mean i dont expect him to pay for anything i will pay for all my own things.
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:32 PM

well idunno if hes gonna think of it as using him at first unless you bringing up something that is normally alot of money then maybe he will assume.. but why dont you make it somethign small at forst like dinner and talk or a movie soemthing little hookah! thats alwasy a good one
Old May 19th, 2010, 01:07 PM

Or maybe invite some other people too when you go out so it will just be like a group thing and your still hanging out with him but it is more like easing him back to hanging out regularing. Just start out with something simple. Maybe just ask because maybe he wants to just hang out too.
Old May 19th, 2010, 03:26 PM

oooo good idea. yeah thats a great idea .. and i agree i think if its a group setting and then you just mainly focus your attention more towards him then anyone else.. and then like she said ease your way back into regulary hanging out with him,
Old May 19th, 2010, 06:22 PM

i agree i mean he might not think anything of it at first except for like.," ooo now shes wants to go out" hahaha this reminds me of something.. soo this guy i have known since 7th grade he asked me out.. he was my prom date. senior yr.. anyways he asked me out to the movies one random day i said yes.. and then i guess he meant to send this txt to his friend and he sent it to me,

" guess who asked me to go out all of a sudden ;] carrie."

haha then i guess he realized he sent it to me.. and apologized and told me it was suppose to be for his friend haha
Old May 20th, 2010, 12:14 PM

Hmm...I think that first, you should jump at the oppurtunity and ask him out again, or call him up for a quick talk before you date, see where your'e going with this. Honesty is the best policy, and if you lay it all out in front of your partner, you should be good for the rest of the relationship. However, if you feel like you don't want to date again, make sure that you don't act on wanting to see him again for sure.
Old May 21st, 2010, 12:09 PM

thats a tough one. its always akward if you used to date the person and then you go back to just friends.. its really though because there are so many more factors involved other than just friends.. and if you have ever slept with him that can also cause some issues because if things were to start to heat up odds are you wouldent turn him down, where maybe if you guys were only friends then you would so idk just be careful.
Old May 21st, 2010, 03:35 PM

I agree.

Just play things slow, take your time, and see what it takes you. I don't think the relationship ended badly, so it may be a idea to revisit the person....however, I have to say, make sure that you are comfortable with this, becuase you don't want to go into a relationship that does not make you comfortable IMO.

Good luck~
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:08 PM

i think that its really important to make it 100% clear that your only intrested in being friends because there is a fine like between just friends and potential dating so you have to make sure that your really clear on that and that you dont let anything happen other wise he might get the wrong idea. just like i said make sure you keep it clear as to what you want..
Old May 29th, 2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garciella Montez View Post
i think that its really important to make it 100% clear that your only intrested in being friends because there is a fine like between just friends and potential dating so you have to make sure that your really clear on that and that you dont let anything happen other wise he might get the wrong idea. just like i said make sure you keep it clear as to what you want..
agreed. make sure that you let him know that your'e only interested in being friends, and see how the rest of the day goes. if he respects your boundaries and your space, or if he doesn't make a move, keep going. however, if he starts something , bring it up, and if he does it again, just say goodbye. D: