Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > General

Old May 1st, 2010, 06:31 PM

Default Movie Review Sites

Anyone know of any good movie review sites to look at?

I've been looking for a lot of movies to check out, but I really don't know what sites to check out or to examine, as a lot fo them have many different reviews for the same movie, and I want to get a good general consensus of what a movie si worth. Anyone have any recommendations on what sites to check out?
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:51 PM

I usually just go to movies.com or something like that and read the reviews there. I don't know how correct they are though because sometimes I agree with them and then there are other times I just think what the heck are they talking about. But I guess it is still alot of fun to just read reviews. I mean critics always write interesting things or at least I think so.
Old May 10th, 2010, 01:51 PM

just google them and they should be able to help you, its really awsome because they not only have critics reviews but then again they also have real peopls views upon their sites.. many people do not agree with the movie review critics that say somethign is good if its really just ok, while other people who HAte it.. i would totalyl check it out...
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:41 PM

hopefully you are able to find a site that has what your looking for simply because there are so many places that give very biasis reviews simply because they dont like someone in the movies or something liek that.. anyways i think you should jsut check out a wide aray of movies cretics web pages.
Old May 21st, 2010, 04:56 PM

Here's a funny site I found recently that is both informative and very entertaining. It's a website called spill.com. It's essentially a website where 2-4 critics on screen talk about the movie and it's pros and cons. The gimmick is that the reviews and critics are animated personalities, and it's done very well in my opinion.

It's definately one I recommend, if not for whether a movie is good or not, but for the reviews itself.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:39 PM

I don't really know of many of movie review sites but I usually just go on movies.com and then on the side they always have reviews of the movie. So that helps though I never really listen to them because I usually feel differently than movie critics when I watch the movie. I mean they could say it is really bad but then when I watch it I still like it or at least i think it is o.k and vice versa.
Old June 17th, 2010, 04:41 PM

when it comes to old movies (movies not in the theaters).. i usually just simply turn to my netflixs users. pretty helpful if u ask me. i prefer seeing users reviews over criticals.. but that's just me. but if i was looking for reviews about movies that are currently in theater than i just use yahoo movies.
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:27 PM

Personally, I like to go to imdb and rotten tomatoes as I would want a good movie review. Also, randomly, if I was planning on checking out or renting a movie, I also check out wikipedia since sometimes, the movie page may have at least receptions of how the movie did.

That's what I'm doing.
Old July 13th, 2010, 01:23 PM

i normally just got to google.. and then go to google news.. and under the entertainment on monday mornings they have weekend box office reviews with normally a few reviews from other sources