Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Cosmetics

Old April 21st, 2010, 02:57 PM

Default cakeface.

so basically i have this freind and she wear tons.. im talking tons of makeup and i feel bad becasue people make little comments towards her.. like she looks like a cake face.. or her face is melting.. even one time when she took awhile to come out of her house someone said ' ohh shes probably putting her mask on" soo yeah how do you let someone know that its a little too much without being mean about it. but stern enough so that she understands im trying to help.
Old April 21st, 2010, 04:12 PM

yeah i had a freind like that in highschool and she use to tell me i wore alot of makeup.. and i kinda looked at her like are you kidding me??? your gonna tell me im wearing too much makeup?? haha
well yeah just be honest and tell her.. i would want to know if someone was saying thios things and if i looked ridiculous.. soo sometimes just saying it its what has to be done.
Old April 21st, 2010, 05:16 PM

although she might take it offensivenly in the long wrong it would be better for her.. becasue i kow somtimes when i wear just a little too much blush i cant tell at all and my sisters have to tell me to take a little off.,. soo maybe she doesnt realize it ad just needs someone to tell her.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 02:13 PM

i think if you talk to her in a more friendly manner rather that a "you wear too much make up" attitude she will be more willing to listen to you. if a person feels like there being attacked then they not going to want to listen to what you haev to say becasue they are already on the defence. i think you should tell her about the comments that people are saying and be like maybe try wearing a little less foundation you have such beautiful skin to cover so much up or something nice she might be more willing to listen.
Old April 26th, 2010, 12:53 PM

i think that its really sad that you referred to your friend as cake face but that gave me the perfect description of how she looks because i can totally imagine the way she looks because there are a few people i know who wear WAY to much makeup and they really dont need to becasue they are really pretty with out make up but they have it stuck in their heads that they need to wear so much makeup.
Old April 26th, 2010, 05:47 PM

yeah its sad but then again like you said it gives you a visual.. but i agree just tell her and now since its summer see if she cuts down on the usuage becasue i knwo when its summer i hardly wear any makeup .. as well as others . if not then just giver her a little heads up
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:17 PM

that has got to be one of the worst things a girl can do is cake on her makeup simply because it really looks bad. when you have your makeup done its sposed to look like there is nothing there except flawless skin.. and if your caking it on its just going to make you look horrible. its really sad but then again what can you do if a person really wants a cake face..
Old June 18th, 2010, 03:31 PM

xD Oh good gawd. Just to see all that makeup on a person, it really makes them look terrible, or at best for them, a bit of a tramp with the amount of makeup that a person can have.

This is why I prefer to keep my makeup light. At the very least, I highlight certain features, and that's it.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 03:45 PM

hard to be honest with someone when they built this comfort level with their make up. you should just approach the situation in a casual way and if she starts getting upset.. just let her know that's your opinion and your just letting her know.. in no way trying to disrespect her or anything. if she's your friend and you are that concern than i'm sure she wouldn't mind.