Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old April 21st, 2010, 01:23 PM

Default bleeding gums

soo we all know that when your gums bleed when brushing your teeth its a form of gingivitis. well my gums have recently started bleeding but only since my wisdom teeth have started to grow in( painful let me tell you) haha well yeah now my gums bleed when i suck my cheeks in! is this normal! i think not.
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:33 PM

i know what you mean when my wisdom teeth were growingin i had the same issue.. but seriously you should probablyhave that taken care off becasue wisdome teeth can really mess up all your other teeth if they start growing in. anyways just try using lots of mouth wash to stop the bleeding.
Old April 21st, 2010, 03:45 PM

i use peroxide as mouth was sometimes.. i dont swallow it i just add a little to keep my teeth on the whiter side and ive noticed that your mouth just seems alot cleaner then usual. so i would recommend that maybe once a week or something. but again this is just my theory soo it might now work for everyone
Old April 23rd, 2010, 10:42 AM

i see that someone recommended peroxside. becareful if your gums are bleeding because it can actually thin the skin around your new molars and then it wont let the blood clot. well thats what my brothers dentist told him when he was growing in his wisdom teeth.. anyways he ended up having to have his teeth pulled because they were causing him way to much pain.
Old April 24th, 2010, 03:27 PM

I thought when you brushed your gums, and they bled, you're making themn tougher and healthier....

I would check out the dentist. See if he would recommend oral surgery for your wisdom teeth. It is possible that the sudden bleeding of your gums is related to your wisdom teeth.

Hopefully, they're both unrelated. Good luck~
Old April 26th, 2010, 10:13 AM

sometimes your gums can bleed from brushing your teeth with too firm of a tooth brush or using way to much pressure. there are alot of other causes as well but just remember to be very careful when using a firm toothbrush. as it can actually damage your gums and or mess up your enamal on your teeth.
Old April 28th, 2010, 12:22 PM

My gums are been bleeding more lately just when I brush my teeth. I mean sometimes I don't see it but I can taste the iron. It is weird because I am not even brushing really hard so I think it is probably just because my gums are more sensitive now. It is always the gums for my front teeth so yeah I don't think it is because of my wisdom teeth. I am trying to rinse my teeth with mouthwash everyday hopefully it helps make my gums healthier. Or at least that is what is advertised on the bottle so hopefully it works.
Old April 30th, 2010, 11:19 AM

my gums bleed when i brush the front of my teeth or when i floss they bleed i guess thats normal because i told my dentist about it and she really didnt seem concerned about it. it wasent like its a massive amount of blood but it is enought to taste it and kinda be grossed out by the taste but then again theres nothing else to do for that.
Old May 11th, 2010, 02:12 PM

when i was young i use to brush my teeth till it bleeds... yes weird i know. someone put in my head that bleeding gums is a good thing. i'm not even sure till this day but my gums don't bleed when i brush anymore. my friend told me that bleeding ums is a bad thing because it means your gums are weak. i don't even know what to believe anymore!!!
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:22 PM

someone told me that gum bleeding is too.. but recently i found it that that's not true at all. my friend told me that if your gum starts bleeding it is a sign of gingivitis. i heard that 90% of people have it.. wish i had insurance to get my teeth checked but definitely going to be doing it this weekend out of my own pocket =( i hope all these brushing twice a day and flossing pays off..