Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Hair & Nail

Old April 14th, 2010, 05:18 PM

Default hair questions

how do you go from dark hair to light hair? do you need to bleach your hair? do you need to have the color fade out first.. what ? becasye i have dark hair and i use to have light hair.. so now i want to go back to my high hair.. how can i do that tho? anyone know
Old April 19th, 2010, 11:32 AM

usually you need to have your hair stripped because if you dyed it dark then bleaching it wont take out enough color you would have to bleach it a few times and hope that it dosent break. anyways talk to your hair lady and she should be able to offer you some tips on things that you could do to fix your hair. hopefully your able to do it.
Old April 19th, 2010, 02:53 PM

the only suggestion i can say is.. let the dark hair fade and then as soon as it starts to fade go see what your hair dresser can do.. i know i hate when my hair startes to fade and show roots.. so maybe while inbetween you can slowly start switvching colors.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 01:35 PM

i hate having to dye my hair, i really hate when it grows out and my roots are sticking out and then i have to redye them but it usually results in me dying all of my hair because i have a fear that it will cause the already dyed hair to look a diffrent shade and i dont know what i would if my hair was a few diffrent colors and shades.
Old April 26th, 2010, 12:14 PM

well it really depends on how dark your hair is, and how light you are wanting to go. you can have it stripped because they need to remove all the pigment off of your hair and then when you go to get it dyed then it will be a brighter color. i was going to dye my hair blonde and i decided that the best thing to do was keep my hair dark.
Old May 4th, 2010, 01:38 PM

hmm well since it is summer i would say highlights are a good choice.. but as for vbleaching i have no idea.. maybe.. maybe the bext time you go to your hair dresser ask and see if it can even be done you kow.. if your hair is that dark.
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:39 PM

well it all just really depends on how dark your hair was and how light your trying to go. if your trying to go from super drak brown to like bleach blonde then your sorta out of luck unles you strip you hair which is really damaging.. so hopefully you can have it done professional and then you wont have to worrie about all the diffent mistakes that you could make if you did it at home..
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:36 PM

going from dark hair to light hair is going to take some bleaching.. but it also depends on how light you want to go. i don't prefer bleaching my hair though.. i did that in the past for highlights and i do regret that. lol it dried my hair out so much. i mean i dye it from time to time but bleachng is a big definite no no for me.