Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old April 14th, 2010, 05:43 PM

Default how strict will you be.

soo my parents are pretty strict with us. mainly becasue they are still young and theyknow whats out there and what not.. not to mention that my mom alwasy says .. i did it when i was your age so thats why im strict with you guys..

soo im thinking since my parents are strict with me .. am i going to be strict with my kids?
Old April 14th, 2010, 06:45 PM

i wonder the same thing.. how i will be with my kids willi be a push over.. or what?? i guess you just dot know until it happens.. haha but yeah im hopefully i will learn from what i went through
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:43 PM

my parents weren't too bad growing up. we were allowed to go out just as long as we tell our parents.. now that my sisters and i are all grown.. they don't mind. but i still give my mom a call when i'm not coming home for the weekend so she knows that i'm safe. when it comes to parenting my kids in the future.. i'm a total worry wart but discipline is a must. i'm not going to tie a leash to their neck but there will definitely be some kind of restrictions.
Old April 16th, 2010, 11:46 AM

i really cant say how strict i will be because im not to sure.. i mean if i have children and there anything like me i should keep them on lock down.. haha but no seriously my parents werent too bad on me when i was growing up, i used to thing they were but now i look back at my highschool years and am kinda happy that they gave me curfew because all the "party " kids from my graduating class are either college drop outs, drunks, or just suck at life so im happy with my parents.
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:50 PM

I say it depends. I know with me, I'm going to be on my child to do his/her homework, work on their schoolwork, and be able to do everything I can to make sure they succeed....however, personally, I have to say that aside from being strict, I am going to make sure they also go out and have fun for sure...so I guess I'll be somewhere inbetween.
Old April 19th, 2010, 01:54 PM

im hoping that i really wont be that strick on my children because i know how i was with my parents but then again im hoping that i just get more communication between my children and myself. i was never that close to my parents and im hoping that i wont be like my parents and i will actually be able to chat with my children.
Old April 19th, 2010, 02:03 PM

yupp my mom says the same thing shes alwasy like.. i had alot of freedom so i know what can happen .. and so thats way im strict on you guys and she says we will probably be very freely with our kids.
Old May 17th, 2010, 05:46 PM

im hopeing i wont be that strict because i know what its like to grow up with stickt parents and i would like to give my children the beniefit of the doubt and actually be more undersdtanding so that they know they can alwasy come to me if they need help as well and not be afriad of me
Old May 29th, 2010, 04:39 PM

I think when I get a house of my own, I'll definately be a bit strict, mainly with what they do at home. I just don't want them to slack off, or do nothing productive all day. I'd want them to either do/finish their homework, chores, and maybe a hobby. However, I know for sure that I won't be too strict, as I don't want to cut off their social life or anything like that.
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:51 AM

im hoping that i will treat my children fairly, i do not want to be one of those parents who hold all their children to the same standard, not all children are the same.. some require a diffrent parenting skills. i would like to be strict to a point that my children will behave but yet they will still be able to make their own choices.