Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Consumer Electronics

Old April 8th, 2010, 03:52 PM

Default listening to my ipod..

i listen to my ipod just about every day. when i'm at school and when i'm at work. my question is.. is it bad that i have these haedphones in my ears most of the time? and should i restrict myself from listening to it major of the time? it's a habit now and when i'm sitting at work i just need my ipod to help me pass time.. right now my ears kind of ache..
Old April 9th, 2010, 11:49 AM

i think that its ok to listen to your ipod long as you keep the volume at a low volume, if you listen to your music too loud then it can actually rupture your eardrums and cause you to become deaf. if your ear buds do not fit in your ear properly then they could cause you to have pain in your ears and other problems. i usually choose to try to only listen to my ipod every so often that way i do not have them in my ears too long.
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:37 PM

i listen to my ipod alot during the weekends and stuff and i know that after a couple of hours of listing that my ears are actually sore..sometimes the inner part of my ears feel itchy so i think that it has something to do with how loud i listen to my music..hopefully its not too loud that its going to damage my ears.. my aunt who works at a place that does ear tests and stuff she was telling me that of you can put your head next to someones and you can hear their music then its too loud..
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:13 AM

i never get to listen to my ipod anymore i left it in utah when i went to visit and i dont really feel like having my friend ship it down simply because im afraid that it is going to be damaged in shipping so i think that im just going to try and visit her so i can pick it up and carry it on with me so i know it wont get broke..
Old April 12th, 2010, 03:40 PM

im constantly listening to my ipod as well and i understand what you mena when you sa your ears ache.. like some times i have to take out my headphones so let my ears rest lol becasue they are becioming irriating loln but yeah ive read alot about headphoes and how they damage some of the hearing in your ears, i foeget the proper term. but im mean think about it cant be that good its basically blasting loud sounds into your ear drumb
Old April 23rd, 2010, 12:40 PM

i think its fine if your ears are hurting because of the ear buds but if your ears are hurting because of the volume of the music i think thats a giant sign that your listing to your music way to loud and should probably turn it down a bunch. anyways i dont think that it could cause too much damage from just listing to much.
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:36 AM

Yeah I agree I don't think it is too bad that you listen to your ipod all the time. Just make sure the volume isn't too loud and it shouldn't be too bad. If your ears are aching from the earbuds then maybe just try out a different kind because I know the ones that come with the ipod from apple really hurt my ears but when i bought ones from sony they were so comfortable I barely felt them so maybe just try out a different kind of earbuds.
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:26 PM

yeah i would think so too becasue i mean its literally directly in your ear. so im not sure how good that can be haha but yeah i was on facebook last night and there was a "like" page that said. " i alwasy look at ny head phones and follow the L and R " hahaha i do that all the time
Old May 11th, 2010, 02:40 PM

i try to keep listening to my ipod to a minimum. when i'm at work i would use it for an hour and take it off and use it again in another hour. keep in mind, our ears are ALWAYS constantly having sound waves passing through them. when were sitting there, our ears are still listening... when we are sleeping our ears are STILL listening.. so imagine our grandparents.. they didn't have all that crazy technology back then and they still lose their hearing imagine how we are going to turn out when we get old? just my opinion..
Old May 17th, 2010, 03:48 PM

so do i i listen all the time.. im actually listening right now i got sick of the online radio haha.. but i always out my ipopd on shuffle and then i skip through the entire thing.. like all the time it never fails and i stop at a few songs sometimes i dont even finish the song and then bam! on to the next one.