Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Skincare

Old April 8th, 2010, 02:18 PM

Default sunblock on my face

last summer my boyfriend and i got season passes to raging water.. so we went there a good amount of time. the first time i went there, i put sunscreen on my body and face and the next day i broke out like crazy. is there any way to avoid putting sunblock on my face and not get sunburned? i don't want to break out or get sunburned.. what to dooo??
Old April 8th, 2010, 03:25 PM

happen to me before too.. i just don't use sunblock on my face period!! but hey everyone's skin is different.. i tried using my sister's proactive sunblock as well and it did the exact same thing to me. i guess my face is a lot more senstive than my body so i prefer not using it at all.. keep myself for breaking out
Old April 9th, 2010, 12:14 PM

i usually break out when i put sunblock on my face but i found this brand that i used and it did not cause me to break out at all. simply because they make a simply oil free fregrance free sunblock thats totally waterproof. i think that name of it neutragina oil free sunblock for your face.. i think i bought mine at walmart for super cheap.
Old April 12th, 2010, 02:39 PM

yeah i have the same issue.. i cant put sunblock on my face. or else i break out like crazy. too oily. but i also have another problem. i cant seem to get any color in my face.. i dont tan on my face for some reason so when my body is all one color my face is still light!
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:42 PM

when i'm tanning i put a towel over my face becausei know if i don't cover my face my face will get sunburned even if i put some block on it.. i hate it!!! i want to tan my face but it would definitely be a bad idea.. a light skin tone colored face is better than a red sunburned face..
Old April 28th, 2010, 12:07 PM

I think maybe try sunblocks that are specially for the face that personally doesn't happen to me so I don't know. But if you still breakout then I think just maybe wear a hat or something to cover as much sun as you can. I don't really wear that much sunblock on my face because I usually dont like the smell of it and I usually don't get burned so i think as long as you don't expose your face directly to the sun all day it should be ok.
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:13 PM

yeah i dont like putting sunblock on my face becasue it makes me breakout and i cant hstand that soo i just skip it on my face i know there are some with no oil but still i dont want to chance it.
Old May 19th, 2010, 01:07 PM

I think maybe try a different type of sunblock I think for nutrogena there is a type that will make you break out less I dont know what its called but maybe just check around and you'll probably find it. i don't know i think it is just safer to put on sunblock because if you dont get sunburned you could still be gettin uv ray damage which could later result in skin cancer.
Old May 19th, 2010, 05:40 PM

i feel like i only tan from my neck down.. becasue i cannot get any color in my face at all.. its pointless.. seriously i never put sunulock on my face becsue i dont want to break out i have super sesnitive skin and oily skin at times.. soo i just dont take that chance even if it satys oil free.. i still dont
Old May 22nd, 2010, 03:50 PM

I think there is some sunblock spray that you can try. However, if that continues with you breaking out, I would have to say that you should see your doctor and see if there is something in the mix that causes breakouts.

Outside of that, I'd say you should wear a hat. That's all I can think of.