Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Car Electronics

Old April 7th, 2010, 05:27 PM

Default earthquakes while driving.

ok so this is kinda like one of the other posts but what should a person do if there is an earth quake while your driving, one that is massive enough to damage some roads? i was once told by a professor at my college that if your driving and you see water shooting out of the road or bubbling like a broken line you should stop your car instantly and get out because he says that water and gas lines usally run parrallel and when one breaks they are usually both broken and if you drive your car past a broken gas line you might blow up because your car makes natural sparks while your driving. so im wondering when is an earthquake bad enought to stop driving your car?
Old April 8th, 2010, 02:40 PM

wah.. the whole scene sounds like something for a movie.. i don't know exactly what to do but they sounds like something that would definitely come in handy if something like that ever happens. i would get out of the car when i see things come crashing down. or if the raod starts migrating apart from each other.
Old April 9th, 2010, 11:54 AM

i am compleatly freaked out about this whole big earthquake thing. specially living in california they say that if this earth quake is big enough it can actually seprate (break off) california and we could become and island.. well i think it would sink but anyways they say that this earthquake that is coming is going to be a real big deal
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:44 PM

i think that earthquakes can be mighty scary specially when your driving but i think the best thing to do is that if you feel an earth quake happening when your driving then i would stay off of bridges, and overpasses simply because there is risk of them failing and breaking. if its bad enought try to get back to where your family is and make sure if everything is ok.
Old April 14th, 2010, 03:46 PM

well most the time if your driving and there is a minor earthquake you dont feel it. so in order to feel it when already in motion its going to have to be a big one and which i would take the first adive and get out of the car becasue you never know what can happen,

mannn there has been soo many quakes lately.. and i hear a big one is coming .. my frineds aunt works for the compay that detects quakes and she called my friends mom( her sister) to tell her to be prepared. becasue a 9. something is goig to hit .. ahhh. i hope thats not true.
Old April 14th, 2010, 05:01 PM

there have been too man quakes lately.. and yeah its starting to make me think about all the things that have been said in the past but then i put myself back to reality and think no.. no no its not going to happen lol which hopefully it doesnt.. anyways during these quakes everyone be safe!
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:05 PM

Personally, I have to say that if you are going to drive, and if there is an earthquake, I would stop and get out too.. I never thought of gas and water lines being parallel, so I would get out and RUN.

Also sounds like a bit of a worse-case scenario in my opinion.
Old April 24th, 2010, 04:06 PM

Most of the time, in California, I haven't noticed an Earthquake seriously noticed while driving on the freeway. At least, that's just me.

Personally, I'd say that if that were the case, if an Earthquake did come, I hope I'm on the right side ot fhe freeway, so I can get out and runaway. As for that, can't really say for sure what I'll do afterwards...
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:46 AM

Yeah I don't know what to do if a very big earthquake were to happen if i was driving. But i do know what to do if there is a tornado you are suppose to get out of the car and find a ditch or something to hide in. Haha I know that has nothing to do with earthquakes but I just thought of it because of all those tornadoes that happened recently in the southeast. But yeah I am just hoping when the big one happens I am at home. At least I have food and stuff there and I think that would be safer then being on the road, at work, or at school.
Old July 12th, 2010, 04:44 PM

hmm do you ever wonder if the person your suppose to be with has been right in front fo ou this entire time but then you choose to ignore it. what if we make the wrong choice.. its funny becasue ppl get dvorced and then live better with the person they found after there marriage.. hmm i dont know if i really have a point