Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old April 7th, 2010, 04:16 PM

Default gym memberships

So im wondering if anybody knows how well 24 hour fitness really checks the person entering the gym, im thinking about letting my friend use my gym membership when im not there, do you think they would notice and say something of if they would just scan her in and not pay attention that she does not look anything like me..
Old April 7th, 2010, 05:47 PM

my brother has a gym membership and my boyfriend barrows my brothers pass and goes to the gym and they have not said anything to either one.. so hopefully it keeps working out. im not to sure what they would do if they looked and knew it wasnt you. maybe just take the pass away untill the next time you come in and then they would give it back? good luck hopefully they dont take the pass.
Old April 9th, 2010, 12:09 PM

every time i have been to the gym they usually just scan my membership and then let me go. i have never been prompted to show my id, so i dont think that there too strict about it. they might check it but i highly doubt it. most of the time they usually are just happy with a simply scan. i guess if the gym is really slow then they might check it.
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:16 PM

i love having my gym membership i feel that i am actually working towards losing weight. personally i think i have lost 3 or 4 lbs in the last month, im so excited because i have been trying to change my diet as well as limit my food consumption to only healthy foods.. no more junk food like mcdonalds or taco bell.. all healthy stuff now.
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:51 PM

yeah i use to do this with my sister and most the time they just scan and let you go.. but you never know you might get someone who thinks they are 24 hr LAPD or something haha but im sure you'll friend would be find.. my freind and i go and she always using her sisters pass.
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:58 AM

well i went to the gym yesterday and i was i kinda fgot suckered in to getting a gym pass haha.. i have a meeting today and i need to figure out if thats what i want to do.. i have a few hrs until i have to go. and really commit.. im second guessing it now,
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:17 PM

I think they usually don't check I mean sometimes I just walk by them and they don't even check for my pass. But yeah if you guys at least have the same hair color I don't think it would be a big deal because if they just glance it probably wouldn't look too different but I don't know I really don't think that they would check id unless they are really bored or something. I don't know what their policy is though if you get caught because if it is taking away your pass it might be bad unless you just have the monthly so you can cancel easily if they do that.
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:57 PM

what i hear from other friends is that they usually don't check. but it really dpends on the person you get.. you know some people can be a a**hole about it.. but hey i guess that's there job.. last time my friend was using my other friend's gym membership and they were basically harassing her for using someone else's gym membership... wow she told me it was chaotic in there
Old April 16th, 2010, 11:18 AM

i love having a gym membership, i use it all the time, i cant wait no lose weight i have been working so hard i really want to get into shape because its swimsuit season and i want to be one of the girls who look good on the beach. hopefully there are some special type gym equipment that i can use that will make me super skinny. i am hoping to drop 20lbs.
Old April 19th, 2010, 01:25 PM

i dont think that they really check them that well i think that they usually just kinda give it a quick scan of it to see if its still valid then they send you on your way. i dont think i would worrie about it simply because there just happy there making some money