Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Consumer Electronics

Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:53 PM

Default Laptops

Hey~

I'm not sure what sort of laptop to buy. I would love to buy a laptop that I can take with me to go work on my internship and art projects. Particularly, I would want to get a laptop that is also a tablet computer, one that you can draw with on the monitor. I'm not sure what else I should look for.

Can anyone recommend me a laptop type or model?
Old April 6th, 2010, 04:53 PM

my boyfriend use to be an art major and now he's a film.. but he loves his mac. he didn't have the laptop one but he does have the desktop mac.. and he recently got the final cut pro on it and he loves it. if you're an art major there's a lot of good softwares that applies with the mac as well. you should definitely check them out.
Old April 7th, 2010, 11:38 AM

I agree I think that the macbook would be a good laptop to use and its not too heavy to carry around. I am not sure what laptops you can get to draw on but I have seen them around. I just don't know what brands they are. I think you just probably google it there will be some results that pop up. I think that after you see which kinds are available it would be a good idea to maybe go to frys or something to try them out. My uncle has one of those that you can draw on and it is really fun and easy to use. Wish I knew what kind it was but I think it was HP not sure though.
Old April 7th, 2010, 02:18 PM

i personally use a gateway for what i need my laptop for but my cousin who is going to art school has a mac and he loves it, he is able to do all kinds of drawings and stuff for it as well as adding movement to the drawings and stuff like that. i think he also has a "drawing pad" that connects into the usb port and what you draw on the pad goes onto your computer then you can edit it for final review!
Old April 10th, 2010, 01:49 PM

I would look up computers on the web and see if you can find something. Personally, Tablet Computers seem like a specialty product and sound really expensive, so I would say be prepare to spend a bunch of money on it.

However, I would say that if you have a computer at home, get a laptop that matches the system, so get a macbook if you have a Mac, or a laptop for a PC
Old April 26th, 2010, 04:28 PM

i need a laptop both my sisters have one and i feel left out! haha not to mention im constantly on either of there computers so im sure they get annoyed with it. they have.. toshiba i think they are and im not picky i wouldnt mind any kind
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:31 AM

Yeah I really want a new laptop too. But it seems like companies are always coming out with new stuff lately so I just don't know when to buy. I really want that new taplet thing that Hp is coming out with. But I just don't know when tha will come out but it looks so amazing. It is kind of like the ipad but in my opinion better. I mean I guess it will probably be slower and all that but it has a lot of things that I am looking for that the ipad doesnt have but yeah I think I should save up for a regular laptop first then get a tablet.
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:56 PM

i recently went out and bought my self a new laptop and i ended up buying a gateway brand and so far it has been working really well for me i just use it for normal things such as doing regular homework assignments, talking to friends editing my pictures and storing my itunes music.. hopefully it all works out..
Old May 1st, 2010, 04:18 PM

I'm gonna be taking notes for this since I want to find a good laptop too, but I don't know what to get. I'm guessing from what I've seen, the macbook pro has been working really well for a lot of people, but it seems like that sort of laptop is just good for a basic level, and it sounds like if you want to do specific functions, you'll have to get something....well, special, for it.
Old May 8th, 2010, 05:05 PM

I think the basic kind of laptop that everyone has is a macbook...ibook, whatever you call it, it's basically the iMAC laptop that everyone seems to have at school. It seems to be really good, reliable, and I think a lot of schools offer deals on it, hence why a lot of students carry it around.