Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Men's Health

Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:19 PM

Default Personality/Interest a factor

I'm not sure if this qualifies as health to be honest, so if it doesn't, feel free to delete this, but there is no other Men's topic, so I'm posting this in here.

When I go out with someone, I'm fine with most of whatever they are interested in, like if they are interested in sports, or if they like art, or if they like games, that's fine. One guy I dated a while back was into comics a lot, and that was fine with me.

However, I haven't thought about what is REALLY a dealbreaker with me. For me, I don't mind dating someone who is either a sports freak or a comics nerd, but I wonder if anyone else has any sort of dealbreaker that immediately disqualifies them from dating?
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:47 AM

it sounds very shallow but if a guy is always playing computer games or video games i cant stand it, i have tried before but its totally not worth it. i have also learned that a guy who does not take care of his car really wont take care of you that well because he will treat you like you car, men with bad cars get kicked to the curb.
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:53 PM

omg my dad once told me.. " if a guy does not take care of his car it shows he has no pride in what he owns, there for he will not treat you with respect like you deserve" i always thought my dad was the only one who thought that way but i guess i was wrong. haha anyways a deal breaker for me is a guy who is lazy or plays too many video games with no goals in life.
Old April 5th, 2010, 05:12 PM

personally i dont have any real big deal beakers inless they are abusive. thats the only thing that i cant stand, i hate the fact that people can let their partner abuse them. its really sad when someone is abusive. anyways thats the only deal breaker for me other wise i feel like im being shallow if im judging someone by their hobbies and free time activitys.
Old April 6th, 2010, 05:45 PM

i don't mind a guy playing games or into comic books but not someone who is a complete freak about it. 24/7 stuck on the computer.. living life on the computer.. is a big no no for me. as long as that person know how to keep it in moderation. having an interest or hobby is nice but having an addiction or an obsession is total different story
Old April 7th, 2010, 01:30 PM

when there is an obsession that is the time that you need to draw the line. i have a friend who supports her self and her boyfriend.. he is addicted to video games as well as pot, i have told her plenty of times that it is very unsafe to surround her self with him only because he seems to be going down a bad path. i think when a person is doing things bad like that no matter what you should either get them to stop or find someone who knows how to live above the influence.
Old April 10th, 2010, 01:39 PM

I think that is the main idea behind a lot of these posts. Most of the time, it seems like men will have their interests, and it's fine. however, ifthey don't obsess about it 24/7, or become really into it, then that is when we have a problem with it.

At least, that's what I think.
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:52 PM

dads know best! haha so i believe that quote but sometimes they guy can be tooo into his car and only want to talk about his car all the time.. after awhile.. its like okay can we talk about something else please!

a deal breaker for me would be.. mm
somone who isnt movatiated like they just sit on there ass all day no job.. no car.. just smokes and watcheds tv.. plays video games all day.. next!

or someone who is more into themselve then i am..i hate big egos.
Old April 17th, 2010, 02:43 PM

The major dealbreaker for me would honestly be a lack of motivation....like everyone else. xD

Personally, I think another factor that would do it for me would have to be how they treat themselves as well. I know everyone has their weaknesses or their downtime once in a while, but I also want someone who is confident in their abilities or confident.

At least, that's what I think.
Old April 21st, 2010, 03:53 PM

its funny how different a guy and girl can think.. i honestly believe that sometimes i make things soo simple and the guy has to go and read into a totally different way and thats is in no way how i meant it.. so in RESPONSE TO CORALS POST no.. it doesnt have to do with obsessing over someone constantly. we just want to be acknowledge and know we are on the same page.