Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:09 PM

Default Punishing your child

I'm not sure if this comes up under health, but I would say mental health would work. xD

Well, here's the deal. I notice a lot of parents nowadays are not being as hard on their kids as they used whether it might be no spanking or disciplining your kid. You could say that this is why a lot of kids have acted differently than what they have before...personally, I wish more kids were disciplined harder, at least, this is very general.

But yeah, I noticed a difference in how kids acted back then to how kids acted now. xD *random*
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:40 AM

alot of parents to believe in spanking their children because it might be viewed as child abuse.. its really sad because todays youth is getting even more unruly and out of control and that is simply because their parents refused to punish them because they might look bad or something like that. its sad but maybe some parents might learn to spank their child when they mis behave.
Old April 8th, 2010, 04:15 PM

i personally would never spank my child. my parents never spanked us before. i tink there are other methods to discipline my kids other than using any kind of physical force.
but i do notice some parents just letting their little kids do anything they want. when i mean little i mean like 4 or 5. i was at target and i see this little kid knocking things off the shelf and the mother is just pushing her cart just calling their kid to 'hurry up' or else.. ummm......... yah
Old April 9th, 2010, 10:51 AM

ugh i cant stand when mothers basically pretend that there kid isent screaming or throwing a fit, or like you said walking down the isles at a store knocking stuff off shelves and the mother just walking ahead pretending nothing happened. my little cousins were never spanked and their now 2,5,6 and they dont listne they just act up and cause problems.. so i am not sure what method is best to use.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 11:59 AM

i am a firm believer in spanking your child but then knowing the limit. and not spanking them to hard i think you have to use a good balance between physical punishment ( that sounds harsh like ur beating your child) and verbal punishment. if you have a good balance i think your child will behave and you will have a good relationship with them.
Old April 24th, 2010, 05:23 PM

I think personally, the old way when we disciplined kids was really good for the most part. I'm not sure if you have to be as harsh as some people were back then, but I think the discipline did it's job, and we are seeing a lack of it from some kids today. Some kids, that is. Not all kids grew up as unruly jerks.

But yeah, I believe in a balance between physical and verbal discipline, same as Linette
Old April 28th, 2010, 04:20 PM

i adore my little sister like shes my own child and i cant seem to go through with punishments with her i think im getting a little better about it.. but other then that no.. she even knows it.. like i told her she had to stop with the attitude or else im not gonna buy her anything.. and she was all" you alwyas say that
Old May 24th, 2010, 11:46 AM

i believe in spanking a child. i have the counting rules.. such as i will count to three and if you dont listin by the time i get to 3 i will smack your butt. i find it very effective becuase im not hitting them too hard but i do feel that if your old enought to understand that if i count to 3 and if you do not stop what your doing then im going to spank you then that is a fair warning.
Old May 25th, 2010, 01:57 PM

we should bring spanking back, spanking, i thought, was a good idea back in the day. it certainly did me good back in the day as i knew who was in charge in my household.

i don't thin that a person should spank too hard as well, just hard enough to leave you a bit sore, but not so hard that you're bleeding from it.
Old June 18th, 2010, 01:50 PM

i'm not sure if this has happen yet. I think some parents have actually said they were afraid of spanking their kids because they don't want to be sued or accused of domestic abuse against their children. and if that's the case, i hope that parents not only have the will to initiate a spanking, but their children and the courts don't interpret that as horrible domestic abuse. i got spanked, and i turned out fine and sane.