Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old April 3rd, 2010, 03:58 PM
Default Child's Diet Plan

Personally, I don't have a child, but this was something I'm pondering. I see parents with rather large children, and I see parents with average size children, and I was thinking....what sort of diet plan or food do they make for their kids to get them to that size?

Personally, if I have a kid, I'm going to give the kid a lot of vegetables and not go out to eat all, and I'm totally going to watch over their diet so that they'll get a lot of nutrition.

What do you think? Am I too stingy, or is this a really good idea?
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:44 AM

children crave a good balance of food. i personally would not give my young child soda or a bunch of candy they can have some but not that much, then i plan on cooking so that way they dont have to eat that much processed or junk fast food i want my children to be an average weight and to be healthy.
Old April 8th, 2010, 03:21 PM

sometimes it's easy said then done. don't get me wrong thoguh, it's definitely do able but it's hard. i hate how our food chain works.. you get a hamburger at mcdonald it's a dollar but a salad is 5. buying organic food at the market is double the price of food pumped with enhancements.
Old April 10th, 2010, 01:42 PM

I have to agree. Easier said than done.....especially if both parents are really busy, you'll be more inclined to eating at fast food places.

However, I still say that if you have to go to fast food places, you just have to eat certain salads or small portions, at the very least.
Old April 14th, 2010, 03:24 PM

yeah i have alot of brothers and sisters and i know about little kids.. i know that all little kids like to eat on,y certain foods and stick to them.. also they like to eat half of foods.. example say they want a yogurt.. they open it take two spoon fulls.. and then they are done. so after all this how do you keep them well nournish?
Old May 1st, 2010, 04:09 PM

I would say, personally, I would try to figure out snacks that are healthy for them. Maybe nuts, fruits, some veggies. Try to steer them early on with healthy snacks and foods, but also monitor and be hard with how much they eat, that is the best thing IMO.

But yeah, you have to be really disciplined for this to work.
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:53 AM

Healthy snacks are a must.. it can be anything from carrot sticks, to a small salad. but whne you feed them if they eat a salad before everymeal it will help their bodys to digest their food better and keep the weight off. NO soda when there super young and no candy. i think it just depends also how active you are and how active your children are.. my neice and nephew are both super tiny and they eat so much junk food but there super active so they burn away all those calories.
Old November 9th, 2010, 04:22 PM

children are just getting bigger and bigger at an abnormal rate! stop the frequent trips to the fast food restaurents parentals!!! i know it's hard because of the recession.. but there's nothing more important than our children's health. don't get me wrong, i do give my kids mcdonald here and there but it's not a every day kind of thing.. keep it at a minimum!