Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old April 3rd, 2010, 03:40 PM

Default Personal Trainers - Good or Bad?

Has anyone ever used a personal trainer before, or really had any experience with them? I'm thinking of trying out a personal trainer for this summer when I go to the gym, and I really would want to get fit for this summer. however, I am curious to see if they make any drastic difference, or if they make any impact. If anyone can let me know, I'd really appreciate it.
Old April 5th, 2010, 09:54 AM

my cousin has a trainer and she lost alot of weight, but do remember dropping weight at a healthy rate takes time so you might notice a change by the end of summer but keep working on it because for some people change happens fast.
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:34 PM

i love having a personal trainer..i useds to be heavy a few months ago and i have lost 3 dress sizes and im still losing weight. i am very happy to have a trainer but they can be super expensive, what my sister did was she was at the gym and found a guy who looked like he was in good shape and knew what he was doign so she asked him if he would train her, then she would pay him. so she pays way less then em and she has lost even more weight than me. haha
Old April 5th, 2010, 05:43 PM

that suchs that your sister pays less and she has lost more weight. maybe you should meet up with her and him train you as well it would probably be alot cheaper and probably more effective. im not a fan of paying some one to get me skinny. i have planned out a work out that a can switch up a little and if i keep doing all these exercises then i will be able to lose the amount of weight i want to with out having someone coach me about it.
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:29 PM

I've never had a personal trainer, but from what I've seen, it looks like a great idea since it's like having a partner in the gym. Someone to spot you, make sure you have a plan, and be able to do what you can. I think at school, they mave personal trainers or someone who is able to help you, so I'll try to see what they have to offer
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:57 PM

personally i dont like having a personal trainer because i feel that i can do the work on my own because there are many diffrent machines that i like to use that the trainers dont like because they say it slows down the amount of time that it takes to lose the weight. i have been told it slows the weight loss program. but then again i really would rather be comfortable on the machine rather than workign so hard on something that hurts my body.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 10:30 AM

when i first started going to the gym i really liked having a personal trainer who could show me the ropes of the gym and how each and ever machine would work out diffrent parts of my body. i really enjoyed learning and losing the first few lbs having a trainer walk me along and show me how to get everything done.
Old April 6th, 2010, 05:42 PM

i never had a personal trainer before but one of my friend did. she was desperate to lose weight so she went to go look for it. she definitely did lose weight. she said it was the best decision she made because the personal trainer was like her mentor. she knew all the ins and outs on fitness.. and kept tracked of what she was eating. the trainer was a tad expensive in my opinion but she doesn'tr egret it at all!