Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:56 PM

Default introducing your child to your bf/gf..

after how long would you introduce your Boyfriend/Girlfriend to your Baby. im dating a guy who has a baby thats 7 months old. we have been together for a little over a month and he has not introduced me to his baby, of course his child comes first but whats the average amount of time before it is appropriate for me to meet his baby?
Old April 3rd, 2010, 02:30 PM

Well, first off, I have to ask, why are you dating a single father? Why? I don't get it, I know everyone needs love, but if he has a child, he has a responsibility to the child and his career first, and really should not be focusing on dating anyone at the moment. On top of that, you are going to be potentially a mother to this child if you are serious with him, and to be honest, if I dated a single parent and saw their child, I'd only be seeing the other person's face in that child, and I can't handle that. D:

I know I got off on a tangent, but this is how strongly I feel about dating single parents, it's unacceptable to me.
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:31 PM

wow Arkbara i am really shocked to hear some one talk so negative about a single dad who is just trying to find someone he can be happy wiht and have a family.. if thnigs didnt work out the first time whats weong with giving someone a chance and your probably one of those people who would be like that evil step mothers becasue you and the kid does not get along.
Old April 7th, 2010, 03:02 PM

my boyfriend had two children already, his first wife went crazy and ended up in a mental institution ( she has had depression problems her entire life) anyways i met them probably 2 months into dating their father, both the girls are really young. one is 4 and the other is 3. i felt weird at first because i was scared they woulnt like me of we would have problems. now a year and a half later we have became our own little family. we are not married but we live together and are raising the girls with a baby of our own on the way. i think that waiting at least two months to meet the girls was long enough. it really all just depends on your stability and the amount of time you have wiht your child, and your partner.
Old April 13th, 2010, 02:45 PM

i guess there is no time limit on when you should meet the child .. it has to do with how comfortable he is with bring you to his child.. kinda liek meeting ther family its a big steph your meeting his child.go give it time and dont take it offensivenly if it takes awhile he probably just donesnt want to bring you arounf his child if hes unsure.. so the time will come.
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:48 PM

I would say that personally, if you want to date someone who has a child, you have to be prepared to be involved in the child's life. however, I WILL say that if you are ready, you should bring up the child immediately and possibly show it to your spouse soon. If you'rte serious about being with this guy, you have to also be the baby's mother in the long run, so it'll take that commitment from you, I think.