Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > Movies Reviews and Recommendations

Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:32 PM

Default movie dinner date.

what is the best food to serve for your at date night. im having at home dinner and movie date and i am wondering what kind of food you think i should serve. i have a few ideas but i would love to gain alot more ideas so please let me know what your thinking.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM

I would say no matter what, do a homecooked meal. It has to be home cooked and home made, everything made from scratch. Nothing frozen. xD

I would say try to appeal to his tastes if possible. Lik eif he likes beef, make steak. If he likes chicken, make a very simple but flavorful chicken. After all, they do say getting to a man's heart is through his stomach.
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:09 PM

i made an at home dinner movie night on friday. we had steak, potatos, salad, and cheese bread. was so good then we rented the lovley bones. it was pretty good. yea when you planning on making a dinner for that special someone its always nice to make a dessert to go with it so i made an apple pie, compleatly from scratch it tasted so good!
Old April 6th, 2010, 05:54 PM

yup! i agree. home cooked dinners are always the best.. dining out is nice sometimes but it's nice to just have a home cooked meal with that special someone!! my boyfriend and i love making spnich dip from start.. it's so so yammy.. baked potato.. shrimp with mushrooms and steak. Mmmm.. making me hungry!!!
Old April 8th, 2010, 02:32 PM

i agreeeee!! you have to have desserts with it.. normally i never last till dessert because i'm super full by then but you definitely need it for this 'dinner date movie' night kind of thing. strawberry dipped in chocolate is always yummmy.. or a chocolate fondue with strawberries on the side!! ahhh soo yammy.. making me hungry!!!
Old April 10th, 2010, 02:18 PM

I would say that if you're doing a dinner and movie at home, make sure that whatever you do, if you have other plans besides relaxing and watching a movie, don't eat a LOT. If you eat too much, you'll just get the food coma and it'll either ruin other plans, or it'll make for a very comforting sleep.
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:02 PM

i think that making home cooked meals are great but then again make sure that you have everything ready to go because one time i decided that i was going to make an at home dinner date type of thing and everything turned out to be a mess i was so extreamly sad so he ended up going to the italian place down the street and buying us dinner. i felt so horrible.
Old April 13th, 2010, 01:23 PM

see i think that home made is a great idea but then if you havent made it before then i wouald be a little self concious to how its gonna come off becasue you dont want them to think you make horrible tasting foods you know, i remember i always use to joke and say if i ever have to cook for a guy im gonna go to fresh and easy and get the food from there haha
Old April 24th, 2010, 04:57 PM

I'd say that it'd be a good idea to practice making something at home first before you try it out on your lover. xD So you don't end up ruining the evening with bad food or bad execution...then again, those sort of quirks and missteps might make the evening...but yeah, practice it.

Go for it~ Good luck.
Old April 27th, 2010, 01:29 PM

dinner and a movie. thats what i did on friday excpet i went out but still it was good i wouldnt mind making food for a guy i think it would be nice.. ahh i sometimes wish i was in the postion to move out.. becasue i really need to get my stuff together!