Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Consumer Electronics

Old March 31st, 2010, 02:27 PM

Default buying phones online

how reliable is it to buy a phone through ebay or craiglist.. like what if you get scammed?? im doing this friday and its a touch screen phone for 100 but no charger so i got her to go to 90 but im worried its going to be completely broken and wont turn on. hmmm. what do you guys think?
Old March 31st, 2010, 03:37 PM

my freind bought a phone on ebay and it was legit.. but idunno about craiglist.. you shoukd probably try it and see it first like when you meet the person.. but yeah hopefully you dont get scammed becasue that would suck! good luck!
Old March 31st, 2010, 04:42 PM

im doing the same thing this friday and man o man! if i cant get the phone or if there is something wrong with it.. then yeah im going to be very upset! becasue then i wont have a phone! and i need it soo mad! so hopefully everything goes to plan
Old March 31st, 2010, 05:22 PM

good luck! but for the most part everyone who iknow that has bought phones online havent been scammed but you never know so be careful and remember to look at it before you actually settle on it.. becasue i woud be pissed off too!
Old April 2nd, 2010, 10:48 AM

one good way to tell if its broken or not it to ask if she would mind if you meet to get the phone from her. alot of times if its broken they wont want to meet in person they will want to mail it to you. so be careful other wise you might get scammed. i hate when people go on there just to scam people into thinking that there getting something good.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:46 PM

You have to do research as well on the kind of phone and on the sale. I also would make sure to meet in a public place like a mall or a restaurant, in case something goes wrong and you have witnesses. Don't do it in a parkling lot. In any case...also make sure to examine the phone and check it out personally before you give any money. Otherwise, you could get scammed. Just use common sense.
Old April 10th, 2010, 02:50 PM

I agree with Gorda. Do research on the phone that you want to sell as well as see what the post says. I personally go for more descriptive posts and if possible, find one with a real photo, not a stock image. Regardless of what you do, a public place is best, not a parking lot. On top of that, I agree with Gorda to just use common sense and examine the phone before you buy it. I almost bought a phone that was entirely scrap. D:

So yeah.
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:47 PM

i think that its ok to buy things on line long as you really trust the seller and every thing like that. i have bought plenty of things on line and they have really turned out to be a good deal but then again there are some things that really arent a good deal because people really do scam you with the diffrent things that happen and with what they sale.
Old April 12th, 2010, 02:18 PM

yeah i mean it all has to do with trust if the eprson seems a littls shady then yeah no.. dont do it.. but most the time things on ebay and what not are pretty valid. so its really up tp you and the vibe you get from the seller
Old April 24th, 2010, 05:14 PM

You just got to rely on common sense as well as researching what you are buying. I thought I was getting ar eally good cell phone, but when I read the article and discovered I was buying a phone for parts, I had to withdraw my entry.

But yes, as long as you practice common sense, and be aware of what you're buying, you'll be fine.