Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old March 23rd, 2010, 01:39 PM

Default teen mothers

i was watching 16 and pregnant while back with a girl names valerie. and she said something that made me think.. she said" i know before i was pregnant i would look at a young girl who was pregnant and think wow. she must be dirty " she might have said slut im niot sure.. but still. t makes you think becasue i know when i see a young mom at a store with 2 little kids and she looks about the same age i do maybe younger i think.. wow she already has two kids!

it just makes you think how quicky we judge,. when in reality teen mothers struggle and work ten times harder just to keep a dialy routine
Old March 23rd, 2010, 03:30 PM

i have a friend who is only 21 years old and she already have three kids! i was like wow, i don't even have any yet and i'm still struggling to take care of myself. i have to give it to those young moms though.. it's a lot of pressure and stress taking care of a kid when your a kid yourself. i actually don't see them as dirty or slutty but more so.. giving up a part of yourself to bring another into the world.. something a lot of people aren't reaedy to do..
Old March 26th, 2010, 11:12 AM

i give young moms kudos simply because it is alot of hard work raising kids at such a young age..if their parents opt to help they have it real easy my friend was 18 when she had her baby and she struggled so much simply because her parents refused to be any part of her's or the baby's life. its really sad but she is doing really good now and she survived being a young mom.
Old March 27th, 2010, 03:48 PM

I disagree with giving young moms kudos. To be honest, they got themselves into that situation where they had sex, got pregnant, and have to care for the child. It's their responsibility to take care of the child, and if they are taking care of them,, they're doing their job. If they're not, they're a bad parent. Simple as that.
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:40 AM

being a teen mom is extreamly hard to do, you miss out on alot of things that are going on, when your so young you are unable to really go out and have a good time when your young which makes it harder when you get older because your really missing out on things you didnt get to do when you were younger.. like my parents waited to have a family and i was born into a family that had alot of things and we were able to do alot more than many of my friends..
Old March 31st, 2010, 02:09 PM

yeah i have a freind who has a 18 yr old daughter and i can see her struggles. i know she works hard. going to shcool.. and trying to privide a better life for her and her daughter and liek you said .. some parents dont help.. and her mom doesnthelp her so it was tough for her at first but now shes doing alot better
Old March 31st, 2010, 05:45 PM

mmhm! agreeded i have alot of respect for them.. now that i know what they go through.. esepcially with parens who dont help.. fathers who are never around. so yeah i see the struggles and i have respect for them becasue i can hardly support myself i couldnt imagine supporting someone else as well,
Old April 2nd, 2010, 10:28 AM

good mothers make the best of the situation for their child.. say they have a baby young a good mother will raise her child the best she can, a bad mother will hand her baby off to her parents or to someone else while she goes and does what ever her heart desires.. good moms put their children first!
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:04 PM

While I will admit that a good single mom works hard a lot for her children and does a lot of work for them, which is admirable, I also think that this is also their responsibility to take care of their child. Why would we want to praise someone just for doing their job, it's only when they go above and beyond....which I imagine most parents would do for their kids. However, I will say that it is still their fault because they got themselves into this situation, and they know it when they had sex.
Old April 12th, 2010, 10:35 AM

teen moms have it had and the ones that actually step up and become responcible for their actions are what i like to call good mothers, it is always a good thing when mothers decide that they want to raise their children. i know so many girls who gave their babys up for adoption or had abortions its really sad.