Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Cosmetics

Old March 18th, 2010, 02:44 PM

Default chapstick

i've been using carmax for almost a year now.. i love it when i use it and my lips feel all soft but when the carmax dries out.. so does my lip again. it only keeps my lips mosturized when it's on. i know i'm not suppose to expect miracles to happen but i thought it would at least keep my lips semi soft and not all chappy after. i use burt's bee before and i didn't like it. it left residue on my lips every time. so basically.. any chapsticks you guys would recommend that would keep my lips mosturized..
Old March 18th, 2010, 03:14 PM

yeah burt's and bees (i forgot the exact name of the chapstick) does the same thing to my lips too. like when i rub my lips together it forms this white residue. yucky. right now i'm using nivea and i really really like it so far. it keeps my lips moist. the chapstick look is different from other chapsticks.. its like a big cap over the chapstick itself.
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:20 AM

i was down in huntington beach, ca two summers ago at the us open surf tour and they were giving out a free tube of chapstick. its was called shakalaka lip blocka. i picked the medicated one and have been addicted to it ever since they mostly sale them in surf shops or off their website. the only store i have ever found them in is the surf shop across from the peir in huntington. best stuff ever!
Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
i was down in huntington beach, ca two summers ago at the us open surf tour and they were giving out a free tube of chapstick. its was called shakalaka lip blocka. i picked the medicated one and have been addicted to it ever since they mostly sale them in surf shops or off their website. the only store i have ever found them in is the surf shop across from the peir in huntington. best stuff ever!
omg i agree with you 100% i love this stuff. my cousins came to visit and we were out shopping and she had used some chapstick n i also used her chapstick and i was in love she had bought it by here house in newport she sends me some every once in a while it is amazing.. their website is www.shakalakahut.com they sale it on here 4-chapsticks $10.00. good product.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 04:18 PM

I use blistex. I love it because you can find the perfect ones for your lips because theres sooo many to choose from and they're not expensive or anything. I use to use soft lips...I think thats what they're called they were pretty cool too. Lip smackers are good! I love the different flavors...and the huge jumbo ones that they have are awesome. I also tried these smoothie flavored chapsticks I forgot who they were made by...but they were really good too. I should probably go and buy more of those ones lol.
Old March 29th, 2010, 12:05 PM

its official.. im addicted to chapstick. no not just any chapstick but carmex! i can not stand to go anywhere with out my carmex. i dont have dry lips but i just love the smell if it and so its like something that im always craving.. and then when i dont have my carmex i pretty much freak out because i really need to have it to make me feel good!
Old June 4th, 2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
i got some too i absolutly love this stuff. its really hard to find them in a shop but you can totally buy them on line at shakalaka.com i have bought them from there many of times.. i was suprised to see that other people on here also like their chapstick so much. i agree the medicated on works the best specially if you let your lips get too chaped it keeps the cracks down to a min.
Old March 19th, 2010, 12:02 PM

i am highly addicted to chapstick, i always have at least two chapsticks in my purse. i hate it when my lips get dryed out and then when they chip and crack and then they hurt.. thats the worst when things like that happen. im hoping that i never lose my chapsticks becuse i have no clue what the heck i would do if i had lost my chapstick.
Old March 19th, 2010, 01:22 PM

i have never ejoyed using chapstick. it always just seems so heavy and greasy all the time.. see sunblock and chapstick are two things i hate having to use simply because there is so many chemicals in there and we really dont know what is safe to use! im hoping that they will not have any toxic products in it..
Old March 19th, 2010, 03:49 PM

Yeah I never really got used to using chapstick though I should because my lips are super dry and I tend to always peel them though sometimes i don't even realize I am doing it until it starts to hurt. It was so bad last week I peeled it so much that my lip started bleeding it hurt so bad but yeah I really need to start using chap stick or something to keep my lips moisturized and not dry.