Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Car Electronics

Old March 17th, 2010, 05:11 PM

Default new cars

recently i heard toyota is having a great sale on care and my friend just got the cutest corrola.. not to mention my sister has been looking for a new car. so i was just wondering what are some things to look for when buy a new car besides price.. and gas milage??
Old March 17th, 2010, 06:27 PM

thats a good question! i would also like to know.. becasue i mean lets face it i cant take my dad everywher ei go my entire life.. to help me with my car descions and what not so its time for me to learn i would also really like to know what to look for.
Old March 18th, 2010, 03:40 PM

look for a car you can see yourself in for a couple of years until you are ready to change to another car.. do some research online and compare different cars that you are keeping in consideration. weigh out if that extra money is worth getting the leather seat or the sun roof.. the engine you prefer.. if youre a student on a bugdet look for a car with good mileage.. and remember to not rush into it. try to get the lowest price you can get out of the salesperson because they will try to make you buy it for a high price! use that ''never mind i'll just go somewhere else to look for a better price'' strategy =P jk!
Old March 19th, 2010, 01:11 PM

i really dont think that i would buy a toyota simply because of all the problems that they have with the automatic gas problem.. i personally would not buy one and the worst part is that toyota has lied to try and cover the problem and it was really not working so i have no clue what their going to do but they have tons of cars...
Old March 19th, 2010, 04:33 PM

I have a toyota its a 2005 prius and it has worked perfectly fine so I think it is only the newer models. So I would still get a toyota because even though they do have all the problems that they have now. I still really like how it feels when I drive a toyota. But anyways I think definitely look for a car that you can see yourself in and also one that you know won't need too much maintenance. So do a lot of research before you buy a car.
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:52 PM

I can't really say what to look for in particular besides gas mileage and price, but I would also doublecheck to see when it was purchased and see what the warranty is, in case you buy a lemon. On top of that, I would check the odometer to see how far it's been driven. I would, if you can, get someone to examine the car like a mechanic to see if it works before you buy it.
Old April 30th, 2010, 02:06 PM

be careful if your still looking at buying a toyota.. they are having all kinda of recalls and things like that.. so really double check out that the car shes looking at buying isnt one that is under the recall list. anyways there are many other car companys and manifactures that you can buy from and they have alot of diffrent models to choose from..
Old May 1st, 2010, 05:23 PM

I agree, make sure to doublecheck those toyotas with all of the recalsl that happened. It definately made me not want to shop at Toyota until the recall problem has been settled or blown away.

As for that, I would also doublecheck places like consumer reports if they do stuff like cars, just so you can find reviews on it and get opinions.