Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old March 16th, 2010, 04:49 PM

Default Coffee Addict..

okay so i'm a big coffee head. i need one every morning. and i know it's a bad thing to rely on it. i have a bad day because i didn't get my cup of coffee this morning. i even get headaches when i try not to drink coffee.. what can i do to get myself to stop feeling this way.. is there any healthy options that is similiar to coffee..?
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:22 PM

omg! my mom use to be like that too. she was addicted to coffee and like you said, she had to have one every morning. when she didnt.. she was soo grumpy and moody. she said it helps her throughout the day to keep it up. but she hated the fact that coffee stained her teeth so she did this massive switch and she no longer drinks coffee anymore. she went from drinking coffee every morning to eating oatmeal. that's her 'new' coffee except a lot healthier.
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:53 PM

interesting how she went from coffee to oatmeal. plus oatmeal is good for you. my mom use to make it for us in the morning when she had time.. it taste sooo good.. i don't know how she made the bland flavor taste soo good! it's a nice trade off though. give your mom a high five for me =)
Old March 17th, 2010, 02:29 PM

yeah thats how my sister is..shes alwasy drinking coffee.. and my mom too sometimes they mike little coffee runs to startbucks at night but yeah she recently gave it up for a deit shes doing and ohh boy! is she going through withdrawls haha. i on the other hand i can only have a cup of coffee every so often. other then that it makes me sick,.
Old March 19th, 2010, 10:36 AM

ice tea is like coffee for me. i tend to drink ice tea all the time i know its really bad for you but its totally worth it.. i love the way it tastes and its like coffee. anyways i like to have a coffee at night every once in a while simply because its a nice drink to calmdown and reflext upon the day!
Old March 20th, 2010, 03:07 PM

That's a good idea. Try to transition to having tea or juice.

Personally, I cannot wake up without having a cup of Orange Juice, so it works the same for me like coffee. xD I don't like coffee that much,s o it's never bothered me, not being able to wake up with caffiene.
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:36 PM

My husband is addicted to coffee. He can't function with out his daily cup or two. I don't really drink coffee I'm more of a tea person...But he's always brewing his pot and drinks the entire thing lol. I have no problem with it because he's always on call and its his keep me up kind and get me going kind of thing. Theres nothing wrong with that but I don't think I'll ever get used to it thats for sure.
Old May 20th, 2010, 05:36 PM

To be honest, I would say the best thing to do when it comes to overcoming your addiction to coffee would be to take it slow. Try to start by reducing the amount of coffee you drink each day/week. Like if you drink two cups of coffee, only drink one coffee and substitute the other cup with orange juice or water. As you start to move, you'll wslowly become less dependent on it. Then you can slowly get off the stuff in time.
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:23 AM

coffee can be addicting just like any other thing. i think the best way to get rid of the coffee habit would be to slowly reduce the amount of coffee that you consume. that means ALL coffee, iced or hot. you need to watch how much your drinking hopefully you will be able to control the amounts but i think just take it slow and you should be fine.
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:22 PM

It doesn't help when there are many different kinds of coffee. The regular home brew, the instant coffee, ice coffee, and even worse, the coffee that you can buy at places like Starbucks, McDonalds, and 7-11. 7-11 coffee is definately one of the best coffee that I've ever had, which is funny since it came out of a convinience store.