Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Car Electronics

Old March 16th, 2010, 04:50 PM

Default warming up

my dad always told me to warm up my car when i'm driving. he said the oil is at the bottom and warming up your car will get the oil rotating. my friend told me that it's unnessecary to warm up the car.. he said, "i'm just wasting time". he said just drive slow when you first start your car. what's the truth!??! to warm up the car or not?
Old March 16th, 2010, 06:26 PM

i was always taught to warm up my car. my dad would get mad at me if he catched me without warming it. like you, he said it's better to let the old rotate before3 diriving it. it's annoying when you have to warm it up and you're late to school or work or something!!!
Old March 17th, 2010, 11:11 AM

I always warm my car too because its a habit from what I've always been told back when I was first learning to drive. It doesnt hurt doing it. So you might as well. Plus its annoying to drive slower than necessary when you're trying to get some where. So I just take the 3 to 5 minutes warm my car up....But then its better to do whatever works best for you.
Old March 17th, 2010, 03:58 PM

yeah i also let the car warm up.. my dad just always told me the same thing espeically after a cold night and the there is frost on the windows and what not i alwasy let it warm up but im gulity too of not always letting it warm up espeically if im in a rush
Old March 19th, 2010, 02:12 PM

yes its good to warm up your car its way better on its engine and it wont break as easly.. i have an older truck 98' and i have to let it warm up in the mornings and i hate it wen im really rushing and it seems like its taking for ever to warm up enough to drive. on those really cold and frosty mornings it really takes along time for it to warm up.. such a bummer when you in a hurry and its taking to long.
Old March 19th, 2010, 04:29 PM

I actually never warm up my car or barely ever. I usually just head out right after I get in the car. But I guess it hasn't really affected my car because it still works perfectly fine and not too many problems. I have a 2005 prius. So maybe hybrids are different I don't know but it seems to be working great even without warming up.
Old March 20th, 2010, 04:46 PM

I barely warm up the car. xD To be honest, I don't really need to, especially here in California where it is more or less warm, and it rarely gets coled. I can get the idea on why you're supposed to wait, but I don't think there will be major impact if you drive the car cold or warm, it's just a car after all.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:54 AM

i used to live in utah and it would be so cold there you could not set your parking break because the fluid in the line will freeze and if you had it set then you would have to drive with your parking break on.. it was like -15 sometimes and you would have to let your car warm up for like 20 mins before you went to drive so it would atleast stay warm its horrible.. specially when you have kids.. so what you have to do is.. 20 mis bfore u wanna leave turn on your car.. then 20 mins later load the car and then good its horrible.. but since living in ca i have noticed you still need to warm up your car but for liek 3-6 mins and your fine. thats only on cold mornings and nights..
Old March 23rd, 2010, 04:35 PM

wow -15... sounds so intense.. i'm screaming when it's in the 40s at night. i definitely cannot handle those negative number weathers... i always warm up my car in the morning when i'm going to school because it is cold.. i went till the little meter stick pass the 'c' part. i guess after doing it for so long it just makes me feel better knowing my car is warmed up. i hate it when i'm rushing to go somewhere though..!!!
Old March 31st, 2010, 06:17 PM

my dad says to do this all the time so i do most the time but i will admit there times wher eim running super late and i just start the car and go. so im nit sure how bad or what it does to the car but anyways, im sure its worse to do it in the winter when its freezing at night then the summer right?? haha no ??