Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Car Electronics

Old March 16th, 2010, 03:31 PM

Default what to do when...

this is a what if question that i always wondered about.. okay so let's say i'm going down the freeway on the farest left lane.. driving about 65-70 miles per hour.. and all of a sudden my tire popped.. i start losing control of my car with the range of speed i'm going.. what do i do??!?! if there's cars to the side of me.. and there's no room on the left for me to pull over. i'm always freaking out whenever i think about it
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:59 PM

i really need to get myself to leaern how to change a flat tire.. you can never go wrong with at least getting that under the belt. i would totally freak out if that happen to me... and i hope that never happens to me... sounds like a crazy situation to be in.. will holding onto the wheel help? i really want to know what to do in this situation too!!
Old March 18th, 2010, 03:32 PM

that happen to my cousin one time. they were driving down the freeway and her tired pop. lucky it was in the middle of the night and there wasn't too much cars on the freeway becauuse her car started to spin out. it's always good to learn how to change a tire.. who knows what would happen one day. try avoiding driving on the farest left lane when there's a very close divider wall because there's a lot of nails and sharp objects left near there.
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:06 AM

i was watching tv and they were doing a show on how to survive.. one was surviving a tire blow out.. they said if you blow a tire just hold on to the wheel and let your car slow down on its own.. because if you slam your breaks then it can cause you to lose control and crash your car.
Old March 20th, 2010, 03:48 PM

Well, i would imagine that ifg something like that to occur, if your tire popped and you're in the middle of the freeway, yiou gotta flash your emergency lights so that people will know to back off or stay away from you. After that, it's a matter of timing, luck, and precision steering to get you to a safe spot, I think.

I try not to think about it too much. I do have thoughts like that on my mind on what I'd do if X happened to me, but then again, it's not something that is on the top of my mind.
Old March 20th, 2010, 05:40 PM

We had to deal with stuff like this in my driving school. I remember that they say first of all don't panic. lol Like anyone that its going to happen to is going to be all calm about it like its no big deal. We are all goiong to get a little freaked out. In any case, your not suppose to slam on your breaks, but just to let off the gas and ease the car to a slower, more managable speed. It is suppose to be like you are sliding on ice, turn the wheel a little into the turn and then back again to gain controlof the car. I dunno thats just what they say, hope that helps
Old March 22nd, 2010, 02:50 PM

Yea I would advice to let the car slow down on its on in nuetral...And make sure you have control of the car! Its really scary I know like its trippy! But if you just don't panic and remain in control you should be fine. Whatever you do DO NOT slam on your brakes OR swurve. if you must use your brakes gradually extra gradually ease down in like 30 seconds to a minute.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 01:53 PM

wow i never reall thought about that.. but yeah i didnt know not to stopon the break becasue i know that would be my first reaction just to stop the car.. soo yeah thank god i read this just in case you never know.. but i dont now how to change a tire either.. i need to learn
Old April 10th, 2010, 02:54 PM

The best thing to do in situations like this is to keep your cool, and make sure you don't panic at all, that is the worst thing you can do in that situation is to panic. I agree with Phoebe. Just flick on your emergency lights, and try to find a place where you can park safely. It might be a open spot on the left side, but if possible, I'd try to traverse to the right side if you can, IF You can, and if you're comfortable. Otherwise, get to the closest spot you can safely park your car.